Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBD-K8500 Netflix problem

(Topic created on: 25-06-2017 05:43 PM)
RachelM
Apprentice
Options

My UBD-K8500 has stopped loading netflix. As soon as the netflix logo appears after I launch the app my screen just goes black.

This is just a problem with netflix, everything else appears to work fine.

Model code: UBD-K8500-ZF
Software version: BSP-K8500WWB-1011.4
Apps version: 7.014

I have tried a factory reset, no luck.

Any help please?

10 REPLIES 10
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @RachelM

Have you recently recevied a software update? 

As this is only Netflix that is affected, have been in contact with Netflix to check everything is working on their end? 

RachelM
Apprentice
Options

No idea regarding software update. Never looked at the version number until a few days ago and I'm not the only one who uses the UBD player.

My line of thinking was that as this has now been a problem for a week that if it was an error or something on their servers it would have been fixed. I will however get in contact with them. Will let you know what they say.

Are you able to check though if there have been any similiar reports to yourselves with this UBD player as I'm doubtful it's an error at Netflix's end?

RachelM
Apprentice
Options

Just to let you know I have contacted Netflix and there is no problem at their end so the player must be faulty.

I have tried using the page that locates local service centres but after I enter my postcode nothing happens.

BeccaS
Pathfinder
Options

It's not a known issue, @RachelM

We do need you to check that the software on the Blu-Ray player is up to date. The most recent software update (version 1011.4) was released on 7th June, so there's a good chance the software will be out of date. 

Software updates resolve a multiude of errors, including issues with apps such as Netflix. You can access the user manual here (page 27 contains instructions on how to update your software). 

Also, have you checked that the Netflix app is up to date? Page 44 of the user manual contains instructions on how to check this and update the app if necessary. 

Let us know how you get on. :smileyvery-happy:

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
RachelM
Apprentice
Options

As mentioned in the first message I'm on 1011.4 so it's not out of date.

My Netflix app is also up to date.

BeccaS
Pathfinder
Options

Sorry about that, @RachelM. As you've pretty much covered the troubleshooting with regards to the software and app being up to date, we'd recommend you contact our Audio-Visual Support Team, who'll be able to support you further with this. They can be contacted on 0330 726 7864 and are available Monday - Saturday, 09:00 - 18:00. :smileyhappy:

BeccaS
Community Moderator :womanwink:
Gates_Apco
First Poster
Options

Same problem. None of the streaming apps work except for YouTube.

Ugh! 

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Gates_Apco.

Could you confirm that you have the UBD-K8500 Blu-ray player?

0 Likes
michal711
Student
Options

i have same problem netflix or any srcrining service not working is that anything i can do 

0 Likes