Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on HW-K450 Sound bar with Samsung TV remote

(Topic created on: 29-09-2018 09:11 PM)
mskhan01
Journeyman
Options

We have bought Samsung NU8070 65" with Samsung HW-K450 Soundbar & so far very impressed with the quality.My only issue is that everytime I turn on Tele, I have to turn on sound bar manually? It is connected to tv via HDMI ARC connection which works well for volume & switching off the Tele & soundbar with the smart remote.

Is there anyway bar can turn on with TV automatically when I switch it on?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @mskhan01.

When setting up the Soundbar, did you activate the Auto Power Link feature? Have a look at page 20 of the user manual here for instructions. 

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
mskhan01
Journeyman
Options

I did try it but with HDMI ARC connection, not with optical cable? If I try with optical cable will it still work with TV remote for volume up & down?

Kind regards

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Apologies, @mskhan01. This should still work for your volume. Give it a whirl and let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
mskhan01
Journeyman
Options

Tried with optical cable & soundbar stopped responding to TV remote.

Went back to HDMI ARC connection & it is working as before .Still no luck 😞

0 Likes
mskhan01
Journeyman
Options

Right I changed HDMI cable for my soundbar  (ARC connection) & for two days it worked perfectly. Soundbar was turning on automatically with TV , Volume up , down & switch off with TV remote everything worked perfect but today it has gone back to old ways? Soundbar won’t turn on with TV & I had to manually turn it on & at times my Samsung TV ( Nu8070) would just show it as HDMI device, it won’t even recognise it as Samsung K450 soundbar?5B5D41A7-0DD5-47EF-8A62-47010509AE27.jpeg

0 Likes