Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Syncing issues with TV and Soundbar

(Topic created on: 18-10-2019 08:54 AM)
Steve851
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I had a 4 year old Samsung TV with a J-Series soundbar. It worked flawlessly and paired automatically via Sound Connect. I recently upgraded to a Q67R 65 inch TV and immediately had issues pairing and operating the soundbar. I have today been out and purchased a new HW-R550 soundbar. I have connected it via an optical cable and I also have the option to pair it via Bluetooth. I can get it to switch on with the TV fine either when it is set to BT or DiN but the thing will not switch off when I turn the TV off. I have to scramble around looking for the Soundbar remote to switch it off. The TV just cost me £1,300 and the new soundbar a further £300 and they seem to have worse connectivity than my 4 year old setup. Is there something I'm missing or has Samsung screwed something up here?? Please help me it's incredibly frustrating. 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
RpBP2
Pathfinder
Options

You are very...with last interventions figured out some things besides having an updated manual  :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

As I see him ignorant of electronic matters, I don't spend more time with you, I'm going to the other side of the bar to continue with those more compressible and less intelligent, that irony is not for me and you lost an participative person for you, I usually be more direct as now, and I think I shouldn't use it like that with me or others becouse can ignorate as me since now,

Good luck :face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Steve851
Journeyman
Options

😂😂😂 can anyone translate that into English for me please? I don't speak gibberish. 😂😂😂

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

@Steve851 wrote:

If you don't know what you're talking about then why even bother trying to help? Lol 

hope other people find this conversation as funny as I do 😂😂😂

We're more about "Thanks, mate, but that didn't quite work for me," or "Not sure I understand, can you explain some more please?" 

Regarding your original query, I can confirm that the HW-R550 doesn't have the feature of simultaneous power-off with the TV.

Steve851
Journeyman
Options

That's perfect thanks for the info, bit disappointing that Samsung seem to drop functionality with newer tech rather than add or improve on though.  On the other subject though I'd just like to point out he or she started getting narky with me first. 👍

0 Likes
RickHammer
Student
Options
Forget all the complex hookups....Leave your TV providers HDMI cable in HDMI one port, and just plug in the HDMI arc cable from the output on the soundbar into the HDMI arc input on your TV....
0 Likes
MACMAN1
Student
Options

Hi all, I have come across an issue where the EQ stopped working and so found other issues here on Sound.

I now know a lot more than I first thought I did in using this Soundbar. I too discovered using DTS 2.5 was much louder and fuller range Bass. I had also found changing from LINE to RF had a similar change of volume but this is NOT the real issue and neither is changing from PCM to DTS!

Your Sky Box (or other decoder) MUST BE SET TO USE "NORMAL" SOUND by the method you connect the box to TV with (usually HDMI). Do not be tempted to think of using "Dolby" as that would indeed require best sound to be using DTS not PCM. However this can lead to many issues with the Delay Times added due to it not using Dolby Sound!
Doing this restores the lost TREBLE & BASS function but if you happen to edit the Graphic EQ (hidden menu within Treble & Sync button by a long hold) then it cancels the Presets of the Modes and disables the TREBLE & BASS!!!

Now this is the same case if you happened to find that "SURROUND" is the best especially for Music & Movies which opens the Stereo Width more. WARNING: This too adds a Delay as does using Dolby to your TV from the Decoder Box. Best just to leave it on "SMART MODE" and it selects the best option of those modes regardless.

0 Likes