Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify Connect doesn't detect HW-Q90R soundbar

(Topic created on: 10-09-2019 10:53 AM)
Nulheim
Apprentice
Options

I have purchased recently a HW-Q90R soundbar, and after installing it seems impossible to connect with my iphone's spotify connect.

I have installed fw 1008 in soundbar and in subwoofer & rear speakers following the samsung's web intructions. SmartThings app shows 1008 version and the soundbar is properly added and connected to the same wifi network of my iphone. I can play spotify songs with bluetooth, but I cannot use Spotify Connect because the soundbar doesn't appear in the spotify's devices list, even with the soundbar in Wifi input. I have disable the option "Show only local devices", and my account is premium. With my computer and with my previous Yamaha receiver the Spotify Connect works flawlessly.

I have resetted the router, reinstalled spotify, reinstalled smartthings app (and granted all permissions it asks for), remove and re-add the soundbar to smarthings app, select Wifi input, and nothing.

Can you help me to make this soundbar works with spotify connect? Thanks!!

76 REPLIES 76
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Hmmmm... got me thinking maybe the soundbar requires a designated static ip address with port forwarding setup
Jussi1
Journeyman
Options

Having same issue with Q96R. After some time the soundbar just stopped appearing among Spotify Connect devices listed in Spotify app. Tried Spotify on multiple devices: windows laptop, android phone and tablet, iPhone, same result. I'm on latest soundbar firmware, pls fix this! 

reyo
Student
Options
Has anyone gotten Q90R work with Multiroom app. Is multiroom even available on this too tier piece of hardware. I was aware that it was and wanted to Q90R to be the first piece of multiroom hardware that I purchase
Niko_
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. 
My Q80R worked with Spotify Connect for a couple of weeks, now it is not detected at all in Spotify...

Did Samsung push a new firmware introducing a bug with this? This is my current hypothesis because firmware auto-updates are enabled by default (seen in SmartThings app)

Ellroe
Apprentice
Options

Hi Guys/Girls,

I have also a Sounbar from Samsung. Its the HW-N850.

I'm am also very frustrated that i cannot connect with the soundbar so far. Ehhh...sometimes i can....sometimes i cannot.

The last two days it is working though: I changed some things on the Router:

- connect the 5ghz wifi

- I fixed the control-channel on 48 ( i read somewhere it should be under 56)

- I manaualy fixed the IP-adres of the Soundbar

I don't say this is THE solution. but so far so good.

Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Dont know why samsung didnt just put spotify on the soundbar? Like they added tune in & deezer. Guessing they wanted paying stupid £££'s to do so... was becoming a huge samsung fan with alot of products but might take it all to cash converters & have an affair with sony now! 😂🙄🤣 samsung firmware & compatibility seems to be an iffy 3/10 at best. I went for all same brand thinking full setup would sync easier & be more stable but all the stuff you buy, you end up needing to buy 1 or more adapter/device to perform a simple function that should/could of been built in allready!
Mrsubject
Explorer
Options

Hi all, 

is there any news or workaround for the problem?I have purchased my q90r in dec 19. So far everything worked as expected. Since last week I cannot use Spotify connect anymore. I think I have tried everything to solve the Problem without success = reinstall smartthings, restart Router, change from automatic to static IP, restart soundbar.....

Do be honest Spotify connect is a cruical feature for me and it was/is advertised by samsung. 

Can you please assist? 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
If you have set your soundbar to use the same ip always in router settings then try uninstalling spotify & reinstalling it again. It should then link to your soundbar again with the same ip. This worked for me & others i suggested it to 🙂
0 Likes
Mrsubject
Explorer
Options
Hi dandee,
Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately it havent solved the problem. All my devices cannot find the soundbar. But all other devices (all echos, nvidia shield, tab s6, galaxy watch) are listed in Spotify connect. I would assume it is a problem of the soundbar / Spotify has deactivated the functionality for Samsung soundbars?
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Mine seems to be working still after removing the soundbar from smart things, uninstalling spotify & starting setup from scratch.

I 1st setup soundbar with smart things then updated the firmware via usb stick. Logged into my router & set it to always use same ip address & then finally installed spotify again. Had no issues so far