Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar q80r Bluetooth disconnection from Windows 10 devices

(Topic created on: 14-06-2020 09:33 AM)
Kalyus
First Poster
Options

Hello Guys,

I have a new Q80R soundbar and 3 laptops with windows 10. I have issue with the soundbar it keeps disconnecting a lot of times from my laptops, not all 3 at the same time. I update the last firmare 1010.200428 and still the same issue. 

It's really frustrating to connect them all the time.

Anyone has an idea here?

Thank you,

George

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Kalyus: Sorry to hear about your connection issues. Are you making sure to keep the laptops within Bluetooth connection range of the soundbar (around 10 metres)? In terms of maintaining a connection, are few other things to consider are:

1. The connection can be weakened or lost if several Bluetooth devices are simultaneously paired with the Soundbar .
2. Devices that generate electromagnetic waves must be kept away from the Soundbar main unit - e.g., microwaves, wireless LAN devices, etc.
3. The Soundbar cannot be paired to another Bluetooth device if already in Bluetooth mode and paired to a Bluetooth device

Points 1 and 3 seem to contradict one another however based on the above I would recommend avoiding multiple connections where possible, and only connecting 1 laptop at a time.
0 Likes
Kalyus
First Poster
Options

Hi AndrewL,

Thank you so much for your answer, so appreciate it.

The soundbard is 2 meters away. I am still trying to find out why I have this problem and not moving so much around the house.

1. Yes, you are right here. I turned off all the bluethooth devices around me. Testing :).  

2. I will try to keep a electromagnetic free zone. On my desk I have 3 laptops on wifi, this can be faulty. 

3. I am connecting only one device at a time. 

I was thinking that I have a faulty device. Even after the upgrade the problem was still here and that's why I made this post.

Thank you again for your help and time. I will update it in the comming hours, day. Please, if you have any other ideas, please posted here.

Have a nice Sunday!

0 Likes
Dgoldberg
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue (US) and samsung replaced the BT chip - did not solve the issue. They will not comment / assist further 😕

0 Likes