Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 28-12-2018 06:26 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Go to solution
284 REPLIES 284
ak12
Apprentice
Options

still no update for ue55k6000 TV... anyone found it? 1231.1 current and still problematic.

0 Likes
DrShrinker
First Poster
Options

Like others in the US, the software update seems to have worked. I've noticed a new problem, though -- when watching 4:3 streaming video, instead of the usual black bars on the sides, now the picture is squashed to a 16:9 rectangle in the middle of the screen. The proportions are off (everyone looks short and squat) and, althought it's the same dimensions as the entire screen, it's just a smaller rectangle in the center. This started happening immediately after I updated the software.

0 Likes
PaulyNYC
Student
Options

Yes, yes, yes! I have the exact same problem. I've had this Samsung TV and Samsung K450 Soundbar for 1.5 years now. When the TV was turned on the soundbar would automatically turn on, and off as well. It suddenly stopped working. Possibly an automatic firmware update on the TV removed this feature. Does anyone else have a solution, it worked great for a while but now I have having to look for the soundbar remote every time.

0 Likes
Hky20man
Student
Options

Download the new firmware update (1232.4) from the Samsung website.  You'll need to enter the model number, year, etc. of your TV, and then you can download the update onto a thumb drive.  I had the same problem, and installed the firmware update last night from a thumb drive.  I no longer have the issue of having to turn on the TV and soundbar separately.

0 Likes
Sound1
Explorer
Options
Mine’s been working for a week. The update has resolved the problem.
0 Likes
StephenEngineer
Explorer
Options

The new firmware has some side-effects, which may impact other TV functioanlity. There is a YouTube video review, which details the effect, and this thread has comments on some aspect ratios being stretched un-naturally.

0 Likes
MatthieuKi
First Poster
Options

@Hky20man wrote:

Download the new firmware update (1232.4) from the Samsung website.  You'll need to enter the model number, year, etc. of your TV, and then you can download the update onto a thumb drive.  I had the same problem, and installed the firmware update last night from a thumb drive.  I no longer have the issue of having to turn on the TV and soundbar separately.

The french website indic the last firmware is 1331.1 : : https://www.samsung.com/fr/support/model/UE65KS8000TXZF/ and not the 1332.4

0 Likes
MaeseFernandez
First Poster
Options

@MatthieuKi wrote:

@Hky20man wrote:

The french website indic the last firmware is 1331.1 : : https://www.samsung.com/fr/support/model/UE65KS8000TXZF/ and not the 1332.4

Same here for KS7500 model, but in Spain. 

https://www.samsung.com/fr/support/model/UE55KS7500UXZF/

Those were models for European market. They are the same as the ones for the USA market but with a different model number.  (I think mine is either a 8000 or 8500 for USA, don't remember).

Tried to install one of those models software update on my TV via USB, but -obviously- it is not recognized.

It's a shame that, for Samsung, Europeans are a second category customers. No software update yet for us.

0 Likes
MatthieuKi
First Poster
Options

@MaeseFernandez wrote:

@MatthieuKi wrote:

@Hky20man wrote:

Same here for KS7500 model, but in Spain. 

https://www.samsung.com/fr/support/model/UE55KS7500UXZF/

Those were models for European market. They are the same as the ones for the USA market but with a different model number.  (I think mine is either a 8000 or 8500 for USA, don't remember).

Tried to install one of those models software update on my TV via USB, but -obviously- it is not recognized.

It's a shame that, for Samsung, Europeans are a second category customers. No software update yet for us.

Yes, I've too tried to install the US firmware, but no success...

0 Likes
lewellenc
First Poster
Options

Turn on the bluetooth power using the button on the sound bar remote. Worked for me!

0 Likes