Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 28-12-2018 06:26 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Go to solution
285 REPLIES 285
malj
First Poster
Options

Managed to get it working via bluetooth after a reset of TV, it now turns on ok but won't turn off have to turn off manually.

0 Likes
Ichabar
First Poster
Options

On the soundbar remote press and hold the source button while the sounbar is off , a message will pop up saying soundbar Bluetooth power on and that is it

to ho back to it not turning on with the tv power just do the same again.

0 Likes
malj
First Poster
Options

I tried that several  times and it absolutely no effect

0 Likes
Durk85
Student
Options

TO FIX THIS ISSUE FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1.) Turn off the sound bar using its remote, so its goes into Standby mode.  

2.) Press and hold the play/pause button on the soundbars remote control for 8 seconds 

3.) The sound bar screen will flash something like INIT and then OK.  

4.) Turn the sound bar back on

5.) Put the sound bar into the blue tooth input

6.) Test the sound should now be coming out of the speaker when you power your tv on and off automatically now

additional things to check 

Blue tooth power button ensure this is set to on by pressing the blue tooth power button and seeing on the soundbars screen say blue tooth on.  

also 

Press and hold the right button of the ciricle for 4 seconds 

Link or or off should appear if it says on you are fine if it says off do it once more to turn that on and then if not working retry the steps 1 through 6 above. 

@Medders wrote:

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Durk85
Student
Options
Sorry man I tried to post a response breaking down the official samsung steps to resolve this issue and someone marked it as spam at samsung. Guess I wont be helping anyone else out here. Glad I know the steps because Samsung help sure doesnt seem to know them.
0 Likes
Baragiel
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue your advice fixed it now it turns off with TV and on with TV. 

0 Likes
UKBlue1
First Poster
Options

If this is happening in Bluetooth mode put the soundbar in BT Ready mode and hold down the Play/Pause button on the soundbar remote for 5 seconds

0 Likes
UKBlue1
First Poster
Options

If it's happening in Bluetooth mode put the soundbar in BT Ready mode and hold down the Play/Pause button on the soundbar remote for 5 seconds

0 Likes
Kath8
First Poster
Options

Ichabar that didn't work for me.

0 Likes
Kirsty11
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I’ve just spoken to a Samsung Agent via Live Chat and they have fixed it for me. It may not work for everyone but try this:

Turn sound bar off

Whilst off, press play/pause button on SB remote for 5 secs

It restarts the soundbar and from then it auto connected