Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 28-12-2018 06:26 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Go to solution
284 REPLIES 284
Kysan
Journeyman
Options

Not tried yet. But seems to be so.
At Samsung's TV manuals & download (8000 series), it's firmaware version 1232.4, March 26, 2019!

0 Likes
Kysan
Journeyman
Options
- Improved usability
1. Improved browser performance
2. Improved app performance
3. Improved stability
4. Improved usability of input devices
0 Likes
MaeseFernandez
First Poster
Options

It seeems that my series 7 TV  will have to wait a bit more... maybe FOREVER

(KS7500 user here with the same problem, and very angry because of the Soundbar issue and no Homekit support)

0 Likes
Kysan
Journeyman
Options
As i wrote, Manual download, for - Model : KS8000, KS800D, KS8500, KS850D, KS9000, KS900D, KS9500, KS950D, KS9800, KS9810, KU7000, KU700D, KU7500, KU750D
Not at home can't test if TV auto update.
0 Likes
StephenEngineer
Explorer
Options

Mine is an UE49K8000 and works (twice now). The version number does not appear to have changed on the TV, and soundbar not connected to the internet, however, something must have changed.

0 Likes
MaeseFernandez
First Poster
Options
Sorry I meant 7500
0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options

Sadly nothing on the website suggests a change for the 6000 series! Will check when I get home...

0 Likes
StephenEngineer
Explorer
Options

Now it doesn't work. Don't know what's going on.

Mrbenray
Journeyman
Options

Don't worry neither does Samsung by the looks of it. No update for K5600 btw I just checked online

0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options

Nope - no update for me (6000 series). Hopefully it’s just a staggered rollout.

0 Likes