Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 14-03-2019 08:16 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

284 REPLIES 284
Mrbenray
Journeyman
Options

The fix is simple. Just roll back the update to the previous version. I really don't know why they are taking so long to do this as it's so simple

Sound1
Explorer
Options
Have you done that?
0 Likes
Mrbenray
Journeyman
Options

No Samsung do not allow users to do it themselves

0 Likes
Sound1
Explorer
Options

No kidding!

0 Likes
RedSquirrel1
First Poster
Options

I have a HW JW7500 curved soundbar which has now been rendered useless. It is attached via the HDMI Arc and has functioned perfectly since I got it in 2016. Now the Samsung UE65MU6400 says there is no signal coming from it at all although it recognises a connection. It doesn’t turn on or off with the television. I cant even tell what firmware it has as I have nothing to read it on. Infuriating.F16C6B8B-65B4-4D0D-A516-6D4DB69F2739.jpeg

0 Likes
Fred525
First Poster
Options
Okay, so how do we roll back the update?

Thanks.
0 Likes
Mrbenray
Journeyman
Options

You can't roll it back yourself Samsung need to do it for us. 

0 Likes
StephenEngineer
Explorer
Options

It's probably the firmware in the TVs that's changed, as a bluetooth phone will enable the soundbar, but the TV won't.

0 Likes
MaeseFernandez
First Poster
Options

I found a workaround which let me turn the soundbar with my TV, also using the remote controller with an AppleTV for volume (as opposed to D-IN which made me use the soundbar remote controller for that).

Just connected the soundbar HDMI output to the SmartTV ARC HDMI port. Didn't use the soundbar input, no hdmi cable attached to this port. Then, select the Soundbar (HDMI) as sound source.

Automatically turns ON with my TV and it lets me use the TV Remote control with all available sources.

0 Likes
Buck
First Poster
Options

Same issue here....waiting Samsung....

0 Likes