Support

Open search

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

Highlighted
Apprentice

The fix is simple. Just roll back the update to the previous version. I really don't know why they are taking so long to do this as it's so simple

Explorer
Have you done that?
Apprentice

No Samsung do not allow users to do it themselves

Explorer

No kidding!

First Poster

I have a HW JW7500 curved soundbar which has now been rendered useless. It is attached via the HDMI Arc and has functioned perfectly since I got it in 2016. Now the Samsung UE65MU6400 says there is no signal coming from it at all although it recognises a connection. It doesn’t turn on or off with the television. I cant even tell what firmware it has as I have nothing to read it on. Infuriating.F16C6B8B-65B4-4D0D-A516-6D4DB69F2739.jpeg

First Poster
Okay, so how do we roll back the update?

Thanks.
Apprentice

You can't roll it back yourself Samsung need to do it for us. 

It's probably the firmware in the TVs that's changed, as a bluetooth phone will enable the soundbar, but the TV won't.

First Poster

I found a workaround which let me turn the soundbar with my TV, also using the remote controller with an AppleTV for volume (as opposed to D-IN which made me use the soundbar remote controller for that).

Just connected the soundbar HDMI output to the SmartTV ARC HDMI port. Didn't use the soundbar input, no hdmi cable attached to this port. Then, select the Soundbar (HDMI) as sound source.

Automatically turns ON with my TV and it lets me use the TV Remote control with all available sources.

First Poster

Same issue here....waiting Samsung....

Top Liked Authors