Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 15-02-2019 03:19 AM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

284 REPLIES 284
Kholvin
First Poster
Options

I have been having this same issue, also with the KS8000 for a couple months now.  I have been following this thread hoping for an update, so I thought I would finally add my voice and hope for a update soon.

Same as others, seems to work if you turn off and turn back on, but are extended periods off did not work again.

0 Likes
2NY
First Poster
Options

I got sick of it and ran an optical cable and paired the Samsung remote with the sound bar. I'm at least able to run DTS Neo 2:5. The sub seems to respond better and vocal sound better, imo

0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options

Sounds promising @2NY . In that set up does the sound bar turn on with the TV remote? If so, how do you go about setting that up? I think I tried with the optical cable but couldn’t get it to turn on/off with the tv.

0 Likes
Amrel
First Poster
Options

I have this same exact issue, it just started happening a couple weeks ago. Something obvioulsy occured for this this to happen to so many users. Is Samsung even reading this reported issue?

0 Likes
2NY
First Poster
Options
The bar turns on with mine, which I think, is because I paired up the Samsung remote with the soundbar which I hadn't done before. I also couldn't change the volume when set up with an optical and using the D.IN input until paired the remote.

When I turn the TV, I point the remote at it and both turn on now.
0 Likes
Amrel
First Poster
Options

My soundbar is connected through bluetooth, I just deleted the soundbar from the bluettoth device listed when I go to settings. Paired the sound bar again with my TV using bluetooth and now, the soundbar turns on/off with my TV remote and my cable TV remote. I have tried this previoulsy and did not work, but it's working right now. Hopefully this trully fixed this issue.

0 Likes
Nikwashere
Apprentice
Options

Good luck. Report back tomorrow. 

0 Likes
DrShrinker
First Poster
Options

Just adding myself to the list of customers with this complaint, started around the same time.  What I find most interesting, as others have noted, is that the soundbar sometimes shuts off with the remote, then turns itself back on. Very weird. Still no help anywhere on Samsung's support pages.

0 Likes
MaeseFernandez
First Poster
Options

I have to join to the issue because it's happening to me also for Bluetooth source.

Cable connection for turning on the tv is not a solution because for other HDMI sources (like Apple TV) you are forced to use the sound bar remote for changing volume, that doesn't happen with TV Connect, which let you use one single remote for everything .

0 Likes
Nikwashere
Apprentice
Options

An interesting loop the tv puts you into. I wonder if there is a more recent version of software than 123

02E1F811-759C-43BF-80C4-7C1C1F401D46.jpeg

A407DE16-E0EF-47B0-92D5-06BF054FF763.jpeg

2BC1002D-47B3-4F4F-AE5A-D9D84F6A37F8.jpeg

An interesting loop the tv puts you into. 

I wonder if there is a more recent software than 1231 that can be downloaded online and updated via USB.

KU6300

0 Likes