Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 16-02-2020 09:34 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

285 REPLIES 285
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I just had a power blackout and my issue returned.

This time I had to reset the sounbar(HW M360), by holding the + & - down simultaneously for 5 sec, with soundbar off, unit i saw INIT (Initialize).

I had also previously deleted all bluetooth devices from the list on TV. (Clean sheet).

Turned on, and then re-paired again and re-selected soundbar on TV.

In my case ON MY SOUNDBAR REMOTE, I have to leave Bluetooth Power ON!! (Manual)....a dedicated BT button which enables tv to turn soundbar on and off simultaneously, which is what you want!!

It worked.

0 Likes
malj
First Poster
Options

Since the last update to the TV it only connects using bluetooth. I now get the soundbar to turn on with the TV but have to remember to turn the soundbar off manually. I do have the left button on the remote set to BT pairing.

(Series 7 TV UA55MU7000WXXY + Soundbar HW-N650 )

0 Likes
Newfie88
First Poster
Options

I have a mu8000, and a r450 soundbar,  was having this problem myself, but I just toggled the bluetooth power to on, it will show either on bluetooth power or off bluetooth power, I toggled mine to on bluetooth power, and now works the same as before! 

0 Likes
Joseph_Alvini
First Poster
Options

Hey, so I was having this same problem and this is how I solved it.

Read the manual that came with your soundbar. 

Somewhere within that manual there should be a way to turn bluetooth power on. For my soundbar (which is the HW-R60M) it was holding the sound mode button down for 5 seconds. My soundbar then displayed bluetooth auto power on.

After I did this my soundbar now turns on with my TV.

0 Likes
Surfrider1
Apprentice
Options

I have similar switching / powering on issues. I have QE65Q9FN TV and HW-N950 Soundbar. Sky Q connected to the Soundbar HDMI and the Soundbar HDMI ARC Out connected to the One Connect HDMI ARC In. I have tried a full factory reset of both TV and Soundbar - no better.

Powering on Sky Q is switching on the TV but not the Soundbar hence no picture or sound untill I manually power on the Soundbar. Infuriating for such an expensive bit of kit. Samsung Support has no idea or suggestion. Anyone got any suggestions for me 

0 Likes
Surfrider1
Apprentice
Options
I tried this with my Sky Q but had lip sync issues and in my case no Dolby Atmos from the soundbar
0 Likes
pragrane
First Poster
Options

Hi Coll66,

I faced same problem earlier but resolved now.

If you still need help then please follow below steps.

1 Disconnect everything. 

2 Install app on phone and connect soundbar with app.

3 check and update firmware of soundbar

4 now pair/connect soundbar to TV

5 reset soundbar and let Tv connect it automatically

6. it should sort your problem.

if not connect to another TV. if there is still problem then either TV or Soundbar has hardware issue.

0 Likes
kimanimacharia
First Poster
Options

This actually worked for me. I didn't know that. Thanks!

0 Likes
JDunham
First Poster
Options

Rick you are the real MVP. This has been stumping me since last night. I was originally trying to use optical and auto power link, which just worked poorly or flat out didn't work. 

This solution was perfect. I can watch my direct tv, stream from apps or anywhere else and have the best quality sound from my sound bar with your arc hack. 

0 Likes
hallfs
First Poster
Options

I have had this problem since I bought a Samsung TV NU7400 and a HW-K360 soundbar at the end of 2018. The feature that makes the soundbar turn-on automatically with the TV when using sound connect never worked properly and I have done everything I could to have this problem fixed, but nothing worked. Somethimes it works, sometimes it doens't. When I turn off the TV, the soundbar turns off and after some seconds, it turns on by itself and keeps on for some minutes and it turns off automatically again, but when I turn the TV on, the soundbar doesn't turn on automatically with the TV. It only works properly when the soundbar doesn't turn on by itself when I turn off the TV. I contacted Samsung when all this stuff was still in the warranty period, but Samsung said they only could help me if I took all the equipment to service, even when I told them that my manager, that bought the same TV and same soundbar was facing the same issues.

I bought a Samsung soundbar to avoid all those problems. You expect thar the integration beteween equipments made by the same company is smooth, but it doen't apply to Samsung products.

I gave this stuff to my parents. Now looking for a LG OLED TV and a JBL soundbar.

0 Likes