Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 17-11-2019 03:42 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

284 REPLIES 284
MrNews
Student
Options

I just had this problem occur after I was fiddling with my sound connections (trying to connect headphones- IMPOSSIBLE!). I have soundbar model HW-F550 connected to TV model PN51F8500AFXZA (2013). I have HDMI cables from cable box to HDMI IN on soundbar, and HDMI OUT from soundbar to the TV's HDMI IN. I also have an optical DT audio cable running from the TV's OUT to the soundbar. Everything worked fine before: when I powered on the TV + cable box, the soundbar would power on, show "D.IN" briefly and then switch to "TV ARC" all by itself. Suddenly, powering on did not start the soundbar. I had to manually power on the soundbar and manually switch to D.IN. Then the soundbar would switch to TV ARC.

I did solve the problem! Perusing the soundbar manual, I found instructions to push a button on the soundbar remote: "Auto Power." However, I then got  message on the soundbar that this function is "unavailable with AnyNet+ turned on." So I tried fiddling with the AnyNet button on the remote, and after switching the input away from D.IN, I was finally able to turn AnyNet+ off. I was then able to toggle the Auto Power button and get an "Auto Power ON" message. Finally, I turned AnyNet+ back on. Turned everything off, and the system powered up as before, with soundbar starting automatically, and switching from D.IN to TV ARC as before.

Hope this helps in some cases. 

LRex
First Poster
Options
@StephenEngineer - My TV is a Samsung UN65MU6500 on version 1270 and we have the same problem though not as often as some on here report. When you refer to connecting with your phone, what app are you using?
0 Likes
Solution
Mithila
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure whether this is too late for an answer. But mine is connected via optical cable. It suddenly started doing the same thing. Slightly different models. But really hope this works for you all... 😔

Once Universal Remote is setup and everything is SWITCHED ON, do the steps below:

- Check whether ANYNET is OFF on the soundbar (the button is on the bottom right next to WOOFER button on the soundbar remote).

- Switch off everything using appropriate remotes. 

- Switch on the TV using the universal remote. 

- It worked for me. 

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

Solution
Mithila
Apprentice
Options
I'm not sure whether this is too late for an answer. But mine is connected via optical cable. It suddenly started doing the same thing. Slightly different models. But really hope this works for you all... 😔

Once Universal Remote is setup and everything is SWITCHED ON, do the steps below:
- Check whether ANYNET is OFF on the soundbar (the button is on the bottom right next to WOOFER button on the soundbar remote).
- Switch off everything using appropriate remotes.
- Switch on the TV using the universal remote.
- It worked for me.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!
vaf0021
First Poster
Options

Finally!  After 4 months...

Your solution worked!

Thanks for saving my sanity :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Mithila
Apprentice
Options
Awesome!!! 😃

Glad I could help.
0 Likes
Coll66
First Poster
Options

Hi our sound bar keeps disconnecting from our Samsung tv. We had taken it back a number of times and they could find no fault. So after buying another more up to date one just a week ago it's doing excalty the same thing. We now believe it is a fault with the tv as this isn't just a coincidence. Also we are using a HDMI cable and still this happens any ideas as to why this is happening. 😀😀

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi,

I had same issue for 3 months. I re-paired the  Samsung tv and soundbar numerous times and... nothing! Frustrating! However, on my SOUNDBAR REMOTE there is a dedicated bluetooth on/off button which I pressed and problem solved. You would think that selecting BLUETOOTH in SETTINGS would be job done? Obviously not!

SamJack
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. It has been going on for over a month now. Everything was working fine until the TV stopped connecting to the soundbar on TV  start up. I tried resetting to factory settings, restrarting the sound bar/tv, repairing, and etc.. Nothing has worked for me, and I am getting really frustrated with the  cost of the equipement, the performance issues, and the quality of customer servevice. I mean what is the big deal about getting a call back in 2m after you request it when the person on the phone does not have any idea what to do? I might as well call a 15y old highschooler who wants to play with my TV until they get to a sucessful fix. I would rather wait for 5h to get the right person from samsung to call me back and really help me fix the issue.

0 Likes
RickHammer
Student
Options

I don't know why Samsung doesn't have this in their instructions. The beauty of having a Sammy TV and Sammy soundbar should be obvious....I spent a day trying to get my direct TV box, soundbar a nd TV to get along....using the soundbars manual....taking the output from the sat box, going through the soundbar to my sammy TV....wow....not a happy union....then I just tried leaving my sat box hookup into my TV HDMI junction box, and just installing the HDMI ARC cable from the soundbar out to the ARC in on my TV junction....Simple....all works perfectly....WHY ISN'T THIS IN THE MANUAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!