Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 31-05-2019 07:24 AM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

285 REPLIES 285
nicleonard
First Poster
Options

I’m on the latest update according to Samsung

0 Likes
Moedub
First Poster
Options

I had this same issue

0 Likes
Tsilva
First Poster
Options

fix!!

I figured it out y'all!!

While the soundbar is connected to the  TV via TV connect. Hit the bluetooth power button on the remote and make sure it is turned on and not off.  Hit it fast to cycle it off and on.  Once the bluetooth power is on . The sound bar should now power on and off with the tv

0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options

These are all temporary fixes that will work for a day or two, but in order to fix it permanently you need to update the firmware to the latest version. Sadly if Samsung haven’t rolled that out to your device yet, it’s just a waiting game. Go to the Samsung support page for your device and see when the last firmware was launched, if it’s within the past month or two download it and install it manually. Good luck!

0 Likes
malj
First Poster
Options

My soundbar stopped working last week when I nstalled a new Telstra Smart modem.

0 Likes
Jlc80
Student
Options
Had the same a few weeks ago- responded to update software and resetting tv
0 Likes
Syl09
First Poster
Options

Issue still persists for me if soundbar is connected to TV via bluetooth. When pairing via bluetooth with TV Soundconnect everything is going smooth, but once i shut down my TV after a few seconds the soundbar turns itself on, searches for TV, doesn't find anything and shuts down. After I turn the TV back on the soundbar doesn't turn on automatically anymore.

I have Samung UHD TV 2018 55NU7402 with latest software version installed (1251) and Samsung soundbar HW-K450 with latest version (MICOM 1006.0).

I tried absolutely everything, resetting  both tv and soundbar, bluetooth power on/off anynet setting on/off, disconnecting the power cable, pairing/unpairing etc.

Edit: I have to mention that before buying this 2018 NU7402 last week I used to own a 2017 MU6102 connected to the same soundbar and had no issue for 1 year ! (The MU6102 also had the latest firmware update)

0 Likes
Ppsayl
First Poster
Options

Agreed. Turned off anynet+ but still had tue same issue with my K450 soundbar not coming on automatically. Another agrivstion is the firmware can only be applied via MINI-USB (not normal USB and requires an extra USB to mini coverter)...but the problem is even if you have all that there is not enough room in the input section of the soundbar for it to fit! So, a firmw aas re upgrade is oit of the cards for me, I less I want to purchase weird micro USB device architecture off of Ebay, which I refuse to do  for this problem.

0 Likes
Andremec
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue with my TV UE55RU7400UXZT (firmware ver 1303.7) and the soudbar HW-K450.

I have the function "Bluetooth POWER On" activate on my sonudbar.

But I have the following issues:

1-the soundbar does not switch on when the TV is switched on
2-When the TV is switched off the soundbar switches off and after a few seconds it switches on again displaying the message "TV REQUEST".

Why is Samsung unable to be compatible with a Samsung connection standard?

Incredible!

I think that the problem is on the TV software because of other users tell that before a certain release the soundbar worked fine.....

0 Likes
cgoodson
First Poster
Options

I have experienced this issue for several months to no avail.  Despite being on the latest update for my tv UN75NU8000 and using a HW M-550 soundbar.  Samsung had me reset the soundbar to factory settings and re-pair to the tv.  That seems to have resolved my issue for now.  Fingers crossed.

I am using bluetooth to connect the tv/soundbar. 

Good luck.

0 Likes