Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 06-04-2019 11:53 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

284 REPLIES 284
Njklutz
First Poster
Options

Don't know why my 55KS800D did not update automatically.  Tweeting with Samsung one tech told me I had to take my TV off the wall and bring it in for service (out of warranty).  I persisted and another tech provided me with a good link to download the update to a USB and lo and behold it now appears to be working (last night and this AM) hopefully it continues.  

0 Likes
Fred525
First Poster
Options

Manually applying the 1232 update worked for me too!  At last!!!

0 Likes
Fred525
First Poster
Options

I got stuck in a loop also.  I had to bypass using the model number and instead step through the "Choose your device" option.  After you go through the lineup and select your model with the pull-downs, you get to a download screen.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
DrShrinker
First Poster
Options

That posted link just takes you to the main page...I've been searching for half an hour for the software upgrade.

0 Likes
Nikwashere
Apprentice
Options
What Fred said.
On the support page, find your device manually, starting with TV, then Year, etc.
I was able to download the update to a USB and get the TV to update.
The speaker worked yesterday. But I haven’t turned anything on yet today to confirm 🤞

This is concerning since the TV stopped automatically updating as discussed on one of my previous posts.
Hopefully it was a bug that was worked out and the TV will update over WiFi in the future.

I’ll report back with confirmation shortly.
0 Likes
Buck
First Poster
Options

So far so good on the 1232 update.  Yes, it was a little bit of a hassle to find the update, and yes, you'll need to search by TV type, year, and model number.  But eventually, you should be able to find the 1232.4 update.  Like has been stated before, download, and unzip then copy the file to a usb jump drive.  Plug into TV, and manually update your TV.

One other note or benefit is that my TV was not reverting to the last App used after shutdown, and that seems to have been fixed as well...

I wonder if the engineer who approved the 1231 update still has a job at Samsumg....

0 Likes
Trumph69
Student
Options

Manually worked for me as well.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
ExecCoord
Student
Options

Manual update worked for me as well so far. Hope it's the fix I've been looking for.

0 Likes
Nikwashere
Apprentice
Options

First turn-on of TV resulted in Soundbar turning on. 

I will update if it does not continue to work. 

0 Likes
MatthieuKi
First Poster
Options
Hi ! Where do you find the firmware 1232 ? because on the french website you've got the 1231 and on US website it's the 1232 but don't work on my 65KS8000 with manual update :(.

Tks !
0 Likes