Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 03-04-2019 08:41 AM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

285 REPLIES 285
RedSquirrel1
First Poster
Options

My UE65MU6400U has a software version 1262.0 installed. This is the software that bust it and the Samsung website still has 1262.0 as the latest firmware for this model. 

0 Likes
MaeseFernandez
First Poster
Options

Something like that happens to me... my KS7500 shows the 1231.1 version, the lastest version at the site says the same. Connecting the soundbar to an HDMI port fixed it for me.

I think that - at least in TV and soundbars-, Samsung as a brand is overpriced and they are masters of programmed obsolescence, retiring support and improvements in not so old models.

The lack of Homekit support for 2016 Tizen TV's, and the fact that I had to import overseas the rear speakers set for my k550 soundbar because the only compatible model is now discontinued (funny, because the soundbar is still being sold in stores, and the purchase operation increased the price from about 100€ to almost 300€, because A LOT OF PEOPLE in my situation is demanding the accessory) . Has killed my trust in the company.

I have not said yet that my TV is a 55", a 1500€ Series 7 unit with no more than 3 years old which has been showing a couple of bright spots in a side for the last 2 years.

Also for the rear speakers... had to pass the wires thru a amplifier because the volume was low and barely noticeable. Great news after spending a lot of money. Don't even think that the soundbar is offering a superb sound, only the subwofer sounds great (and there it goes another 300€).

Ah, and their super closed and anti-Apple ecosystem. They never launched an iOS app for the speakers, like they did for Android.

After a washing machine, fridge, soundbar, rear speakers and 2 TVs, I'm not going to get more Samsung stuff. Don't want to think if one day my fridge or washing machine stopped working...

0 Likes
Hky20man
Student
Options

Any chance that someone can post a link to the 1232 firmware update?  I'm struggling to find it on the Samsung website.

0 Likes
Morphool
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem with my M360 soundbar: It did not turn automatically with my Samsumg TV connected via bluetooth. After some different attempts with different buttons on soundbar remote I managed to get it working again.

1. Make sure the bluetooth power option is on (on soundbar)

2. TV is turned on

3. Press and hold the play/pause button on the soundbar remote. Apprx 5 seconds

The TV should now automatically connect and problem fixed. Not sure how long it will last though... 😕

0 Likes
StephenEngineer
Explorer
Options

I'm pretty sure that the problem is not the soundbar but the TVs, unless non-Samsung TV people claim their soundbar worked and then stopped. The update relates to the TV.

My soundbar still switches on automatically when I connect my phone to it, but the TV fails to do so, and requires the soundbar remote to be used to switch it on.

Can others confirm their thoughts please?

0 Likes
rsm
Apprentice
Options

Here's the link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

Make sure to download the firmware specific to the model of your TV.

rsm
Apprentice
Options

You are correct. I posted details earlier that when I updated (manually) the firmware on the TV to version 1232, everything is finally working properly again.

0 Likes
Hky20man
Student
Options
Lol...guess it was easier than I thought. Probably will need to enter the model number to best find the specific firmware that I need to download
0 Likes
Medders
Explorer
Options
Be aware that is the US site and I could not find my version of TV. Annoyingly the uk KU6400 version does not yet have 1232 but the US KU6500 does!
0 Likes
Njklutz
First Poster
Options

Great advice but I go to the dowload link and put in my model number ks800d and it keeps going around in circles

0 Likes