Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Soundbar no longer turns on with tv

(Topic created on: 25-03-2019 10:49 PM)
Medders
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a samsung K series tv - bought in 2017 and a Samsung hw-j355 bought at the same time. Up until recently the sound connect has been working flawlessly but it has now stopped turning on the the sound bar. Once on it connects and it responds to the tv remote with no problems.  Why would it have stopped working?? I’ve tried removing it from the tv and re-pairing it. I’ve tried a factory reset on the tv but it hasn’t worked. I’m kind of out of ideas! Any suggestions would be welcome!

285 REPLIES 285
Sbacon94
First Poster
Options

Has this actually had a response from Samsung yet? Too many people with the same issue

0 Likes
Njklutz
First Poster
Options

I thought it was me. Glad to know I’m not completely crazy. Samsung where are you with a fix?

0 Likes
falcone
Apprentice
Options

Well, after months of shutting the TV off, seeing the sound bar turn off, then waiting 10 seconds, seeing the sound bar turn on, turning on the TV, waiting for it to sync, then turning everything off, just for both the bar and tv to be on the same schedule......[deep breath]

......the sound bar doesn’t sync at all anymore. I can’t even find Bluetooth on my phone. I now have one long skinny paperweight and a big boxy one (wireless sub). 

I knew going in there hat samsung had problems. Never would’ve guess I’d end up with something this bad. 

0 Likes
ak12
Apprentice
Options

falcone, oddly i think i got the fix you need. it will get you back to on off issues as the rest of us. you should press the play/pause button for 5 seconds, while your on TV mode of course. this should delete your connection to the tv altogether allowing you to connect again. hope it will work, and that samsung fix the ***** on off issue already...

0 Likes
Kens96
Journeyman
Options

Same issue, unbelievable so many people with the problem and no fix from Samsung!

0 Likes
ExecCoord
Student
Options
I'm going to try the social media route. Sometimes large companies are quite responsive on Twitter. Sometimes not. Worth a shot. #samsungsoundbar
0 Likes
Njklutz
First Poster
Options

Excellent idea, I just tweeted.

0 Likes
mavener
Student
Options

Btw, few days ago it started working again magicaly... Dont know if there was a new update. Now turning on my Samsung TV will turn on the sound bar automaticaly. I havent changed anything in the settings, or at least not aware about changing anything.

0 Likes
ExecCoord
Student
Options

Not mine. Glad you are having success though.

0 Likes
StephenEngineer
Explorer
Options

Mine is working now. Not sure when it did, as so used to switching on the soundbar with the remote, but came on immediately when tried moments ago. Maybe they have pushed out an update. Well done if so.