Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar issues with TV please help!!

(Topic created on: 01-07-2019 12:27 AM)
mstar
Explorer
Options

ok a quick update:

I have a new Samsung Q9FN and N850 soundbar. 

I measured the full length and once in the wall in straight lines away from radiator etc its actually 8.3 metres hdmi cable i need.  Therefore i got a optic fibre HDMI .  I had a £75 birthday amazon voucher due to expire in July so i used that (i know overkill but i heard they are great for long distance).

Here is my set up which seems to be working but i think something is wrong, but please see below.

1.  the Fibre optic HDMI has source and display marked. 

Soundbar:  
HDMI 1 port = DISPLAY end of hdmi cable (cable 1)
HDMI ARC OUT port =  SOURCE end of the hdmi cable (cable 2)

OCB:
[from ARC port  port] HDMI ARC = display end of hdmi cable (cable 1)

SKY Q:
HDMI OUT = source end of hdmi cable (cable 2)

2.  When i switch on the TV the soundbar does not switch on automatically even though its inside the ARC port.  I am unsure why this is, but is this because its in the SKY Q port (cable 2), therefore will affect this (see point 1)? Or i need to reset the HDMI ports or something like switch off for 10 mins?

3.  On SKY Q, i have set audio output to Dolby Digital +.  I downloaded Chernobyl (it says its in Dolby Atmos)  but on the soundbar it does not say "Dolby Atmos" as it says on the manual.  Does this mean the content is not dolby atmos? in addition i have put the Q9 to Bitstream and the other sections seemed greyed out its only on PCM i cannot select Dolby options. (maybe when i play dolby atmos content the other options get displayed?) - i do not have a blueray player 😞

4.  I read on review comment that if picture mode is HDR then, they do not have HDR 4K passthrough, so then Dolby Atmos will not work.  I do not have HDR so not sure if this is right as i do like to watch movies with this on and its hassle swithcing it on and off.

I am generally dissapointed i thought everything work after the faff with the HDMI cables (source and display) the soundbar not automatically switching on is a big thing for me.  As the Mrs is are annoyed at my expensive toys and promised a "easy to use" system i am kind of annoyed.  

Anyone help?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
mstar
Explorer
Options

Ok just asking if my cable connection maybe not.right I looked on here and I saw this method:

specified:

Sky Box - HDMI (cable 1) out (Picture and sound) directly to OCB, HDMI 1.

Soundbar - HDMI (cable 2) out of ARC slot, directly into OCB ARC slot.

Using above will it work for switching on soundbar when switching tv on AND dolby atmos content from sky q? 

0 Likes
mstar
Explorer
Options

Ok just asking if my cable connection maybe not.right I looked on here and I saw this method:

specified:

Sky Box - HDMI (cable 1) out (Picture and sound) directly to OCB, HDMI 1.

Soundbar - HDMI (cable 2) out of ARC slot, directly into OCB ARC slot.

Using above will it work for switching on soundbar when switching tv on AND dolby atmos content from sky q? 

0 Likes