Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar and TV has lost ARC connection

(Topic created on: 17-04-2018 08:33 PM)
Pirko
Journeyman
Options

Hey!

I have had my MU6175 TV connected to my HW-MS650 connected via HDMI ARC for a few weeks. After some hassle setting it up, everything has worked perfectly. All sound comes through the soundbar and I control the volume of the soundbar using the TV remote.

However, last night it just stopped working. Turned on the TV and thloe connection was gone. After having googled, this seems to be quite a common problem. I have now put in at least 6 hours trying every possible different setting on both devices, but nothing works. The connection just vanished over night.

The solution I have read about is to turn off the power and unplug all HDMI cables, which I really do not want to do as this would mean quite a bit of hassle with removing the TV from the wall mount. ANd I really hope this is not necessary.

So, long story short - what to do to make audio via HDMI ARC work again? You would think that this would be easy since it is two Samsung products, but I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any help very welcome!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AlastairM
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung TV (UE48H6670 / version T-MST14DEUC-2880.2) and Samsung HTS (HT-J4500/XU /version B-JM63HTBWWB-1017.3). The HTS installed at the start of the year by a professional, all working in the past had this issue once before but I was able to resolve it fairly straightforwardly. 

Hi,

Seems to be an epidemic of ARC not working between Samsung & Samsung at the moment. My setup has been working since January. Like some others I did once have an issue and either disconnecting from the mains or turning the CEC on/off resolved that and then carried on working again until last week.  I note that ver 2890.2 is available online for my TV although the TV check for updates option doesn't pick this up. I also have a Mac not a windows machine and Samsung doesn't seem to cater for us with their USB updates. 

However this issue is now ongoing after trying the usual both disconnect from the power. Unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable at both TV & HTS. Turning off & on the Anynet+ connection on the TV. Forcing ARC rather than Auto on the HTS. Nothing works. 

Get a message saying "Anynet+ device is not connected. Please check connection and retry". But will allow the TV remote to change the volume, although no sound is played, and view picture from the HTS.  So physical connection is working. 

Please advise how to get ARC / Anynet+ connection working again. 

0 Likes
Floorer
First Poster
Options

Turn off mains  power for about 20/30 seconds then it should work,it did for me

HyperLunatic
First Poster
Options

This is not a solution, it is a work around.  Samsung????  How about a software update to stop this problem from happening?  The soundbar s and TVs are both your products.  No excuse for this. 

VicVinegar
First Poster
Options

Hi, can you tell me exactly what "turn off the mains" means?

0 Likes