Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound connect suddenly stopped working

(Topic created on: 02-06-2018 01:48 PM)
Samsound7
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE55F8000 Tv and HWH355 paired with sound connect.  After 3 years the sound connection has suddenly stopped.  The sound bar works on D in fine but now have to use the sound bar remote to control volume instead of tv remote.  In sound connect the bar says tv connected and the tv has the sound bar recognised in its menu.

I have tried all fixes seen on the web

Factory tv reset.

Sound bar reset using play/pause button on bar remote

Set tv sound to pcm

deleted sound bar from tv setting and it re installs ok

Still no sound after 3 years trouble free. All settings as should be with TV on sound bar.

I am at the end of my tether to understand why.  Help ?

0 Likes
Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
MEBF1
First Poster
Options

Great News!

Iwaddo,  thank you for your post. My sound bar suddenly recently wasn't connecting either. Having tracked down TV instructions and sound bar instructions I went through the connection process time and time again, but with the same result, No Soundshare connection! Then I turned to the internet hoping to find others who had solved the issue. I liked your post and was very grateful to you as it fixed my problem in a very straightforward manner.

The really good news is, I didn't need to do any decorating whatsoever! Disconnection from the mains for 10minutes did the job. Powered up and the TV recognised the bar and asked me to confirm connection.  I'd got all my decorating tools at the ready including the dust sheets. We'd even chosen new paint colours (which is not easy to get everyone here to agree upon). Today is VE Day during Covid lockdown and we will listen to the Commemorative TV coverage through the sound bar and woofer,  all thanks to your post. I just hope this additional comment, by way of  a thank you, will reassure you that, should you suffer a further disconnect issue, you simply have to pretend you're going to decorate and all will be well.

Regards

iwaddo
Journeyman
Options

MEBF1, this has made me our day, we actually laughed out aloud, thank you so much for taking the time to let me know that I was previously misled about the decorating. 

I will save this for that day when it disconnects again and I'm told it must be time to redecorate the lounge again!!

Regards

0 Likes
Pdlk24
First Poster
Options

Any update on this my tv soundshare grey out hence no soundbar

0 Likes
Ronnie49
First Poster
Options

I have the QA55Q70TAWXXY. I've had a lot of trouble connecting BT to a Chinese soundbar, seems to pair ok but intermittently will not connect especially after turning off TV overnight. Even unpairing then pair and connect would not work many times. I discovered unplugging from mains allowed to unpair and pair again and connect high success rate. Now have discovered same success with - turn TV on but hold down the power button on remote ~5sec. TV will turn on then off (release the power button at this point). After a few seconds TV will turn on as if it had been unplugged, like a "cold start". TV takes ~20 secs for all functions to start working but then can access the menu, pair and connect - works! What a hassle though. Can't Samsung do better than this? 

0 Likes