Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound connect suddenly stopped working

(Topic created on: 02-06-2018 01:48 PM)
Samsound7
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE55F8000 Tv and HWH355 paired with sound connect.  After 3 years the sound connection has suddenly stopped.  The sound bar works on D in fine but now have to use the sound bar remote to control volume instead of tv remote.  In sound connect the bar says tv connected and the tv has the sound bar recognised in its menu.

I have tried all fixes seen on the web

Factory tv reset.

Sound bar reset using play/pause button on bar remote

Set tv sound to pcm

deleted sound bar from tv setting and it re installs ok

Still no sound after 3 years trouble free. All settings as should be with TV on sound bar.

I am at the end of my tether to understand why.  Help ?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsound7
Apprentice
Options

Have solved by a work around.  Programmed my Logitech Harmony 600 remote to control tv and sound bar using Optical Digital Input.  This means I can control tv and sound from one remote like I used to do with the Samsung remote before Soundconnect failed.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Samsound7 wrote:

I have a Samsung UE55F8000 Tv and HWH355 paired with sound connect.  After 3 years the sound connection has suddenly stopped.  The sound bar works on D in fine but now have to use the sound bar remote to control volume instead of tv remote.  In sound connect the bar says tv connected and the tv has the sound bar recognised in its menu.

I have tried all fixes seen on the web

Factory tv reset.

Sound bar reset using play/pause button on bar remote

Set tv sound to pcm

deleted sound bar from tv setting and it re installs ok

Still no sound after 3 years trouble free. All settings as should be with TV on sound bar.

I am at the end of my tether to understand why.  Help ?

Hi @Samsound7,  the only other thing  coming to mind  is to ensure both Soundbar and Tv have latest firmware, however does not appear to be any firmware for USB download listed on the site.    manual for guidance but does give much more info.  http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201410/20141013105103297/HW-H355-XU-0506-eco-wall_mount...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsound7
Apprentice
Options

Have solved by a work around.  Programmed my Logitech Harmony 600 remote to control tv and sound bar using Optical Digital Input.  This means I can control tv and sound from one remote like I used to do with the Samsung remote before Soundconnect failed.

Sound1
Explorer
Options

Sorry, but buying a universal remote is not a solution.

Samsound7
Apprentice
Options

Works for me:smiling-face: I said it was a WORK AROUND and posted in solutions to help others.  It got one thumbs up so cancel out your waste of a contribution.

0 Likes
Sound1
Explorer
Options

Chill Out!!   I meant that Samsung is at fault, and your method, while it cures SOME of the problem, is not a workable solution for most, since most do not use aftermarket universal remotes.  

ZombieBoy
Student
Options

Same issue, with a UE55HU8500, and a Samsung HW-J7501 Soundbar.

worked for 4 years, auto updates, and suddenly the TV soundconnect is garbled. Sound bar and TV are otherwise perfectly fine.

Used a Digital-In as a workaround, but for Samsung to have pushed an update out that’s broken functionality... the lesson here is not use auto updates.  I won’t fall for the “buy from the same vendor” rubbish again.  Samsung support are really poor too - if it’s more than 12 months old the response is “oh well, it had a good life...”. Nothing like value for money or environmentally friendly.  My next TV won’t be a Samsung.

iwaddo
Journeyman
Options

I have also been frustrated for many weeks by the sudden lack of TV SoundConnect for which no amount of resettting and rebooting would make any difference, but I have accidently found a resolution :smiling-face:

Completely unplug the TV, Soundbar and Subwoofer and leave them stood in the middle of the room under protective cloths for a week whilst you redecorate.

Plugged it all back together, selected TV on the Soundbar and suddenly both the TV and Soundbar connect by Bluetooth without issue. Firsttime is weeks this has worked.

I can only assume it was some power drain benefit, having said that I did not need to set-up the TV, Soundbar or Subwoofer, they had all remembered each other and worked first time.

Let's hope this last until the next time we need to redecorate.

ZombieBoy
Student
Options

My sound bar ended up in landfill. I got zero support from Samsung, no assistance, no help, nothing.

i replaced it with a Sonos Soundbar. 

After years of loyaly buying Samsung TVs, kitchen appliances, fridges, etc, this experience has put me of. I will never, ever, ever buy anything from samsung again. The hardware might look pretty, but their software is flaky and their support is nonexistent. First time I run into an issue under warranty and when I called customer support “sorry, nothing we can do... try switching it off and on”.  I’m about to buy a new Smart TV, and I have one criteria... not Samsung.

Bucket2019
First Poster
Options
Exactly the same thing happened to me about a year ago when redecorating although I had given up all hope that the soundbar would ever work properly again. It has done well for a year but now again it’s acting up. Samsung TV processor has also become ridiculously slow over the last year and is almost unuseable...My wifi is brand new 100 mpbs so it’s defo the TV.