Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound bar poor sound

(Topic created on: 08-12-2016 12:55 PM)
Helen
First Poster
Options

Hi all. Help!

Recently got myself a lovely new Samsung tv and sound bar. Hooked it up using digital audio cable to the hub. Easy. Tv, dvd and virgin all worked lovely.

But, there's always a but, since using the sound bar with the app on my iPad we seem to have inherited interference coming through the subwoofer.

Sounds like a dull fax machine in the background, no matter what setting I seem to put it on. Have double checked all wires and even moved the subwoofer away from anything I think may cause interference. Any ideas? I'm at the point of taking the darn thing back. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey Helen. 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community! What's the model code of the TV and Soundbar? What app is it that you're using? Has the interference only started happening since you started using your Ipad? And, is it only when you're using it that you get the interference? 

Let's try and get rid of that 'but' and get you loving your TV/Soundbar set up!

EmmaS

0 Likes
Helen
First Poster
Options

HI Emma model code of tv is UE49ks7500U, sound bar is HW-K651. I'm using the Samsung multi room app on my iPad.

Itsprobablynothing to to do with app - it happens all the time whether watching tv or did - but for the first week we had the set up everything worked fine. The only thing I had done differently is download and use the app. 

0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Okay, we're now understanding your set up a little better.  

Are you getting any interference when the Soundbar is playing sound from the TV via the optical cable? Do you get any interference if you connect the Ipad to the Soundbar via Bluetooth? 

0 Likes
Helen
First Poster
Options

Yes to both

0 Likes
Helen
First Poster
Options

Just to reitterate, the sound bar itself is fine. It's the subwoofer with it that's the issue.

0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Do you use an extension cable to power it? Can you try unplugging the Subwoofer overnight, and let us know how you get on?

If this doesn't work, on the back of the Subwoofer, there will be a little ID Set button that will need to be pushed in with something pointy like a pin or pen, can you press this in for 5 seconds and hold, and then let go? 

0 Likes
Helen
First Poster
Options
No extension cable and have turned it off, and both pressed the reset button prior to contacting you. Also tried moving the subwoofer to a different part of the room so that nothing else was near it. That didn't work either 😞
0 Likes
Solution
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

It sounds like this is a job for one of our engineers, Helen. Do you have a Service Centre nearby

Pop in with your Soundbar, Subwoofer and receipt and they will happily take a look at it all, get it fixed and test it all for you. 

0 Likes
Robbienobs
Pathfinder
Options

Hello samsung. Why is no one responding to the firmware issues on the K650 ???? 

The thread is about surround mode issues and firmware issues!!

0 Likes