Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound Bar connection drop out

(Topic created on: 08-09-2016 11:34 AM)
Ned
Student
Options

Why does my sound bar sometimes not connect when I switch on my TV?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
John
Apprentice
Options

First of all, I would recommend  you to check the Wi-Fi signal reception of your soundbar.

It is so easy to check with Multiroom app which is available at Google Play Market.(I believe you are using it already)

Just open Settings - Network Status then it will show you Wi-Fr signal receptions for each speakers. 

If you are using your soundbar connected to your TV via the Bluetooth(or TV sound connect), I will not use it.

Because there are a lot of interferences in 2.4GHz wireless frequency area which is used by the Bluetooth and other wireless devices including Microwaves as well.

hope this would be helpful.

View solution in context

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
John
Apprentice
Options

First of all, I would recommend  you to check the Wi-Fi signal reception of your soundbar.

It is so easy to check with Multiroom app which is available at Google Play Market.(I believe you are using it already)

Just open Settings - Network Status then it will show you Wi-Fr signal receptions for each speakers. 

If you are using your soundbar connected to your TV via the Bluetooth(or TV sound connect), I will not use it.

Because there are a lot of interferences in 2.4GHz wireless frequency area which is used by the Bluetooth and other wireless devices including Microwaves as well.

hope this would be helpful.

John
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
initmedia
First Poster
Options

Where is the fix? I have had the Samsung Q7 Series (55) tv and Samsung Soundbar MS650 for 6 months. In that time the soundbar will stop sound even when it still shows as connected. The soundbar needs to be reset before it will work again. I can switch to other devices using SmartThings. This is not a WIFI issue it is some Firmware issue between the TV and the soundbar. Where is the fix for this?

TheSuprman
Journeyman
Options

I purchased the Q80 got home set it all up, but could not get the TV and speaker to connect via WIFI. Hours of trying I gave up. Next day turn the tv on, sound bar fires up and connects. YAY! Couple days later sound bar won't connect to tv or SmartThings app. Reboot and delete then reset all up and it works again. Couple days later all connections gone again. Give up only to have it all connect again a week later. Then get up the next day nothing. How can you spend this kind of money on a sound bar that I have no idea will work from day to day!?? I can connect my phone via Bluetooth yet can't see it on the SmartThings app on the same phone???? So done with this *****.

UN82RU8000FXZA-Sound
First Poster
Options

THIS IS NOT SOLVED! How on earth did someone believe the reply saying to check your wifi signal is a solution? Laughable! Why can’t over $3000.00 worth of Samsung ***** work as advertised?? TV says it can connect to soundbar and rears via wifi- and it does SOMETIMES. Why not all the time? I have wifi signal, 5 and 2.4, so that’s not the issue. Samsung- have any answers or do we just buy Sonos and a Visio?

Jackal163
Apprentice
Options

I've been having this exact issue for years and unfortunately might have to abandon Samsung for soundbars on my next upgrade.  My ms650 stays connected to wifi and can play songs that are stored locally on my phone, but constantly loses internet connectivity even though all other devices at home still have internet.  Music streaming playing on the soundbar via multiroom app just stops and the only 'fix' is unplugging then replugging the 'soundbar'.  I agree this should be fixed via firmware.  Very disappointing Samsung ignores this well documented issue...

Jackal163
Apprentice
Options

Samsung needs to figure out what Sonos is doing on the wifi front- and replicate.  I've never had wifi internet disconnect issues on my sonos play5.  Samsung please fix this already.

MBKoopmans
First Poster
Options

Same issue here...

Bought a T650 and samsung smart TV and soundbar keeps disconnecting...

0 Likes
Rhubarb
First Poster
Options

What a con:  Time to investigate alternatives to the atrocious reliability and usless (now totally absent) technical support from Samsung.  My Samsung QLED TV (QA55Q7FAMWXXY) has suddenly stopped connecting reliably to my Samsung HW-Q60R soundbar - AGAIN. 

See history below:
TV Model:QA55Q7FAMW -  Purch from JB HI-FI: 15 April, 2018
Soundbar: Samsung/Harmon Kardon HW-Q60R Purch Goodguys, Prospect, 21 Sept. 2019, (replacing item purch from Goodguys, Penrith that wouldn't connect reliably to TV). Note: should have listened to my wife who said take it back!!!!!
29 October, 2019 - Level 2 Support: TV-ARC TV/Soundbar connection failed.
Samsung Support Ref: 4293577967. Replaced motherboard in Smart Hub. TV-ARC connection aparently fixed.
31 October, 2019 - Ref 8215530886
11~13 November, 2019 further problems: Service booked for 19 November, 2019 but cancelled when errors not evident and threat of being charged for service call if no probs found.
11 April, 2020 - TV-Arc failed again. Live Chat. Repair ticket: 4301749648 for 19 April, 2020 - cancelled service call as system appeared to be operating normally again.
31 May, 2020: More problems with D.IN/TV ARC between TV Smart Hub and Soundbar.
11~13 July, 2020, until 10:00 PM - Same problem with D.IN/TV ARC between TV Smart Hub and Soundbar. On 14 July, 2020, Good Guys, Penrith, replaced the HDMI cable - elevated to Level 2 Support because the problem not resolved by changing the HDMI cable. Problem ultimately resolved.
10~11 May, 2021 - Again, same problem with D.IN/TV ARC connection between TV Smart Hub and Soundbar. Managed to get intermittent connection working.  Unable to get assistance from Samsung Support.   Seems working again now...... for how long: no one knows?

0 Likes