Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung soundbar K-450 volume problem

(Topic created on: 28-06-2019 04:34 PM)
Highk2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, recently a problem started with my sound bar, the volume increase to the max automatic when turn on the soundbar, I tried use only Bluetooth and not AUX Cable, and still not fixed. What else can I do? Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Highk2
Apprentice
Options

@terry711 wrote:

can you please advise the fix for this issue 

regards

terry 

Hi, yes. I tried to update the firmware but got the same issue... and it wasn't issue of the remote control, because I took the sound bar down to my basement at home (far away from all remote controllers)

so I just opened the sound bar and disconnect the cable that connected to the 4 buttons in the right side of sound bar. So the issue was probably the buttons on sound bar. I can't recommend for you to do it, because it may be dangerous but it solved the issue. 

View solution in context

25 REPLIES 25
AndrewL
Options
@Highk2: If you switch on the soundbar, adjust the volume via the buttons on the side panel or your remote (value is shown on front display), then switch it off and back on again, does the volume return to its max level? If it does, as a troubleshooting step please check the link below, download the file 'Firmware File ver 1006.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE)' to a USB stick and insert it into your soundbar to bring the device's firmware up to date. If the issue persists then please confirm your TV's model number and I will look into this further for you. Alternatively please contact the Samsung AV Team on 0330 726 7864 where an advisor will be able to assist you further.
0 Likes
Highk2
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for help. I can't understand what's the name of the USB connection in this HW-450K, I don't have an ccompatible usb stick

0 Likes
terry711
First Poster
Options

regards

terry 

0 Likes
Solution
Highk2
Apprentice
Options

@terry711 wrote:

regards

terry 

Hi, yes. I tried to update the firmware but got the same issue... and it wasn't issue of the remote control, because I took the sound bar down to my basement at home (far away from all remote controllers)

so I just opened the sound bar and disconnect the cable that connected to the 4 buttons in the right side of sound bar. So the issue was probably the buttons on sound bar. I can't recommend for you to do it, because it may be dangerous but it solved the issue. 

LRDUtah
First Poster
Options

there was no link in the message.  Am trying to find the Firmware File ver1006.0 (Multi Language) on your website

0 Likes
OldDog
Journeyman
Options

Disconnecting the buttons by pulling the ribbon cable worked for me too!! My device however was a HW M550. It's the poor work around but probably the best option. Kudos for finding it.

0 Likes
Jakauffman
Student
Options

Yes! That was the issue! I moved the sound bar and the buttons were hitting against our router. I didn't even know that we had buttons on the side until I realized that it was pushed up against the router which was making the volume go to Mac's. Thanks for the heads up!

theconradw
First Poster
Options

I also had the same issue with the volume. I took the bottom panel off and disconnected the white ribbon cable that leads to the side buttons. There is a small tab at the base on the cable which locks the cable in place. Make sure you flip this tab up before you pull the ribbon cable out to avoid damaging the circuit board. Now my sound bar works again!

BTW, I have the HW-KM45C sound bar model and this fix worked.

AndrewL
Options

I must advise against any manual repairs that involve disassembly, even if you're comfortable in that area, as this will void your warranty and may cause further issues. For further assistance, please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, where an advisor will be able to assist you, and arrange an authorised engineers inspection where necessary. 

0 Likes