Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung R1 can’t connect to wifi!

(Topic created on: 12-02-2020 12:21 PM)
mitbrille
Journeyman
Options

Hi there.

My Samsung R1 can’t detect or connect to wifi.

My router, BT Smarthub 6 is working fine. Using 2.4 GHz wireless connection only at the moment.

I have downloaded Multiroom app. I try to set up the speaker and app says ‘Found your speaker’. After entering the password it is unable to connect.

Important note, the "Wi-fi" what you can see on the screen is not my wireless connection.

Multiroom App is giving me another option to set up the speaker.

After connecting to the speaker's wireless network and returning to the app, I can not click on continue.

Summary: Bluetooth is working. App is able to find speaker. Can not set up wireless connection.

There is no problem with my router. My phone is working just fine. Router, speaker, my phone they are all in the same room. 

My phone: iPhone - iOS 13.3

Multiroom App - Version 4132

Other Samsung Smart Speaker 360 owners had similar issues and found out the only solution was using an older iOS version for setting up Wireless connection.

Multiroom app has been updated over one year. If that's the case, let me know what are my options to group two Samsung WAM1500/XU R1 speakers. As far as I can see it is only possible via your Multiroom app which is not working.

Any help is much appreciated.

It is not the name of my wireless network.It is not the name of my wireless network.IMG_4219.pngIMG_4217.pngIMG_4218.pngIMG_4216.jpg

51 REPLIES 51
Hans_Peeters
First Poster
Options

Really terible I have the same issue, just spoke someone of support US he said there will be a resolution next month. But he also told me to contact apple for support.... And my local samsung support. I have a feeling that samsung is not really searching for a solution...

Lilkansastar
Apprentice
Options

Funny... mine stopped working yesterday and refuse to give me the ability to connect to my WiFi. It doesn't find Samsung wireless audioxxxx

i called and was told my speakers were broken and I needed to take them for repair with no guarantee they would work again.

whats up, Samsung?? How about updating your app? I spent a lot of money on these speakers. R1 and R5. 

Dunc23
First Poster
Options

I am having the excactly same issue. Has anyone found a resolution? What an error- I should have bought a Sonos.

Lilkansastar
Apprentice
Options

Well, it's their app. They won't tell you. But, the updated their app and it no longer registered on my iPad Pro or my X-ray phone. So, I found my old iPad and loaded the app and it all started working again!  They tried to tell me my speakers were broken and to take for repair.  Ha! It's their app that's broken.

Lilkansastar
Apprentice
Options

XR iPhone. Ooopps

Jaspervk
First Poster
Options

Same here, been trying endlessly to reconnect, this is extremely annoying and is definitely not encouraging me to go for a Samsung product next time. Could this please be fixed ASAP?

mitbrille
Journeyman
Options

I have read on forums people complaining since last year. Do not think this issue is going to be fixed anytime soon.

Your only solution as of now is to purchase an iPhone or iPad with iOS 9.xxx and set up your speaker(s).

The issue is software related.

Best of luck.

DAB66
First Poster
Options

I had to use an older iPad to connect my speakers as well.  Does anyone have an update or heard when the Multi-room app will be updated?  I have had an issue with trying to reconnect my app to Amazon Music and no one seems to be able to help.  I have tried Samsung and they send me to Amazon, then Amazon sends me back to Samsung.  Seems to me that there is a disconnect and surely I can't be the only one experience it. 

Chrisc77
Student
Options

I have had the same problem for the last month or so, with two out of three R1s having lost connection and unable to setup again on up to date iOS devices.

Time to bring my old iPhone 4 out of the drawer?

WAM1500
Journeyman
Options
Received the same response when I contacted them. Never will consider Samsung again-the worse with Customer Support.