Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung HW-R450 not turning off with TV remote

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 03:16 PM)
_Kai_
Apprentice
Options

I have Samsung TV NU7100 attached to samsung soundbar HW-R450 with an optical cable. I have Auto Power Link on and still when I press power off on TV remote soundbar does not turn off. However if soundbar is off and I press power on then soundbar does turn on.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@_Kai_: I've had a look into this and can see that Auto Power Link is only capable of switching on the Soundbar when the TV is powered on. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@_Kai_: I've had a look into this and can see that Auto Power Link is only capable of switching on the Soundbar when the TV is powered on. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.
0 Likes
Steve851
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I had a 4 year old Samsung TV with a J-Series soundbar. It worked flawlessly and paired automatically via Sound Connect. I recently upgraded to a Q67R 65 inch TV and immediately had issues pairing and operating the soundbar. I have today been out and purchased a new HW-R550 soundbar. I have connected it via an optical cable and I also have the option to pair it via Bluetooth. I can get it to switch on with the TV fine either when it is set to BT or DiN but the thing will not switch off when I turn the TV off. I have to scramble around looking for the Soundbar remote to switch it off. The TV just cost me £1,300 and the new soundbar a further £300 and they seem to have worse connectivity than my 4 year old setup. Is there something I'm missing or has Samsung screwed something up here?? Please help me it's incredibly frustrating. 

ymarchand
First Poster
Options

I just purchased a Q80 tv and running with older sound bar HW-H450 via HDMI-ARC. The sounds does work when turned on manually but it does not turn off or on at the same time of TV. Possibly there is a setting I missed but not sure. Thanks 

0 Likes
TvHomer
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my new Samsung q60a and hw-t400. Any fix or solutions?

0 Likes