Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWA 9000S Rear Speakers Noise

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 05:30 PM)
vedomedo
Apprentice
Options

I recently recieved the SWA 9000s speakers for chirstmas and set them up. That went fine, and the sound itself is pretty impressive. That being said, while the speakers have an audio source you can constantly hear a noise / hissing sound from them , if you are close to them. Naturally this isn't noticable most of the time, but during quiet moments in movies and such it does happen that you can hear it and it's goddamn annoying.

Has anyone else had issues with this? The only logical explaination I have so far is that the Reciever itself is making the noise, seeing as the soundbar I'm using MS650, does not make any hissing at all.

15 REPLIES 15
DannyT
Options
Hey @vedomedo.

Have you tried playing around with the sound settings?

I've had a search around for similar issues, and I've not seen anything. At this point, I'd have to advise calling the experts on 0333 000 0333.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
vedomedo
Apprentice
Options

I have tested all the sound settings, no difference.

I'm starting to think I'm simply overreacting and that it's normal but that people either don't care or don't hear it. I might also have the speakers closer to myself (on the back of the couch basically) instead of on speaker stands for example.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
I'd definitely advise giving our colleagues a call on 0333 000 0333.

If it's affecting the viewing experience it's definitely worth getting looked into!

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
MY999
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue - loud hissing noise whenever music plays.

Did you find a solution?
0 Likes
vedomedo91
First Poster
Options

First of all, for some reason the community site here forced me to make a new account lol, I was literally logged in but everytime I clicked "reply" I had to make a new account. Oh well. Whatever.

To answer your question, yes and no. I never fixed my issue per se, but I figured out it's almost 100% due to the fact that my power outlets in my living room are not grounded, so it's simply electrical interference that creates the hissing noise. I was going to fix that, but then the whole pandemic thing happened. My advice would be to check if your power is grounded or not.

0 Likes
Barrr
First Poster
Options

I have noise\hissing problem with 8500s + Q70R... Any Idea?

0 Likes
marcoslazzarin
First Poster
Options

I have this same hiss sound on my SWA8500S too. When I'm very close to the speakers I can hear a "ssss" sound, even with the TV on mute. When I just turn on the soundbar there is no hiss, but when it starts to play the sound, the hiss begins and it doesn't stop. 

0 Likes
vedomedo91
First Poster
Options

From what I gathered for my own sake it's because my outlets in my livingroom are not grounded. Hence the hissing you hear is simply the power going through the cables. I cannot confirm 100% but I assume that if I were to make the outlets grounded, the hiss would go away.

0 Likes
MrTugBoat87
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to jump in but I recently got the 9000s rear speakers. Lots of comments say they are too quiet but wanted someone else’s opinion. Played the PS4 and one scene was brilliant as the noise coming from

behind the character was coming from the rear speakers. However some content the sound is so quiet. Just wanted someone else’s opinion!

0 Likes