Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 and R7 360 wireless speakers - very dissapointing

(Topic created on: 21-12-2016 03:47 PM)
DannyR
First Poster
Options

We have had our R6 and R7 speakers some time now and NEVER realy had satifactory performance.

Initally the speakers just kept "dissapearing" from the app and required reinstaling which was a pain.

When grouped, one speaker would fade to nothing then come back again.  Often we send music to the speaker from our own media server via the app and nothing happens, or it plays part of a track and drops out.

We are running the latest firmware WAM-HAWKAWWC 3110.5 and the samsung Multiroom app 4.0.41 from various devices - all samsung and now it seems to be getting worse.

I have just tried to give up using wifi and figured I'd use bluetooth as I did not fancy wasting time trying to get a flaky connection..... but I have been totally unable to connect via bluetooth because the app reports "no wifi network" it then force my phones wifi back on and fails to connect via wifi.

Having spent the last 5 or mre years singing the praises of how wondeful Samsung are this really getting me angry.

The R6 speaker is approx 3m away from the wifi router, my wifi analyser app is reporting a strength of -45db, which shows a "full strength" icon on my phone.

What am i doing wrong or are these speakers actually as rubbish as they appear?

Any help suggestions greatly received.

4 REPLIES 4
baldiman
Apprentice
Options
I have the same Problems. I contacted Samsung Switzerland and got no answer. No good reference for these products, do not buy!
Products: Soundbar HW-J7500R and 2 Wireless Audio - 360 R7; SAMSUNG MultiRoom
DanielJung
Journeyman
Options

I have two R5 and had same issue.. I received an e-mail from samsund customer center...  check network status on advanced settings of multiroom app.  So I was relocated my speakers close router till wifi antenna over 3 ..

and wifi frequency of all speakers changed same frequency from 5G to 2.4G.

From then, ths issue is clear.. just try it...

0 Likes
baldiman
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I will try it out and if it works, I will report it.

0 Likes
baldiman
Apprentice
Options

I have tried with both WLAN frequencies (2.4 and 5 GHz). The 5 GHz band has a shorter range compared to a 2.4 GHz band, because in radio frequencies, the higher the frequency, the shorter its range.
Because the 5 GHz has a wider available wireless frequency spectrum compared to 2.4 GHz, resulting in a significantly better performance. Therefore, 5 GHz is generally used where an uninterrupted throughput is required. That is why it is recommended in the home network for media streaming and transmission of music, pictures and videos.
I have radio disturbances on both frequencies, which lead to the connection to the loudspeakers. There is nothing left for me to reconfigure the connections.
This is tedious and reduces the joy of the system. In conclusion, it can be said that it is not the problem with the SAMSUNG devices, but one of the lack of stability of the WLAN connections.