Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70r Soundbar Audio Dropouts with Atmos content.

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 07:36 PM)
Romy101
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung Q70r Soundbar connected to a Samsung Nu7100 75 inch TV via hdmi3 (arc) to the soundbar hdmi port.

Watching any content on Netflix from the TV with Atmos, the soundbar goes into atmos mode, but every 10 seconds or so there is an audio stutter and the led on the soundbar comes on saying atmos.

Watching atmos is unusable with this setup and I am left changing the tv audio setting to Dolby digital instead of Dolby digital + so I can watch content without constant audio hiccups.

Is there a fix or is this just a defect of the product.

I am using supplied high speed hdmi cable that says ethernet compatible and all firmware on both devices are current. 

19 REPLIES 19
Romy101
Apprentice
Options

Do you think there is a way to get Samsung involved in this? I specifically bought this Samsung Soundbar and Samsung TV to easily get Atmos, and even with both Samsung products in the mix, it still does not work as advertised.

0 Likes
Nebtawi
Apprentice
Options

I'm using it with a brand new Sony x950g 65" btw not Samsung TV but my TV supports both Vision and Atmos so don't know I think this issue is about the soundbar. I contacted Samsung about this they said they'll review it and someone from tech dep. will contact me soon. I'll keep you updated

0 Likes
Nebtawi
Apprentice
Options

Samsung will be coming today to check for the issue at my home. I'll keep you updated... Any luck on your end so far ?

0 Likes
Nebtawi
Apprentice
Options

Samsung came and checked but somehow everything was ok. Now everything is back to how it was stuttering continues. Will never buy Samsung products ever again. Don't recommend to anyone thinking to buy q70r soundbar

Paulg101
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I am having the same issue

0 Likes
marcoslazzarin
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem with my TV Q70r and Soundbar Q70. I have tried everything and nthing works. Samsung must release a update!
0 Likes
StoneRoses
First Poster
Options

Q60 TV with Q80 soundbar. Exact same problem.

Samsung needs to fix this.

0 Likes
lf28
First Poster
Options

I have a very similar issue. TV is Samsung TU7100 and the sound bar is Sony G700. The sound drops if I go for eARC on the TV and the sound will drop and the soundbar will show PCM intermittently. I guess the problem might be the TV as the HDMI port is not 2.1?

0 Likes
Istvanf
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue sometimes

What has worked with me is to clear the cache and close all background apps on the TV and then it goes smoothly. The only problem is that you have to do it regularly, but so far it's what's worked

0 Likes
BobaMikeTea
Student
Options

I have a HW-Q70R connected to my 85TU800D and I have a issue with the soundbar locking up and it gives off this stuttering sound.  I have to power down the soundbar completely.  It happens within 20min to 60min everytime I use it.

https://youtu.be/BPUiF_xUVBA

0 Likes