Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70R Soundbar

(Topic created on: 30-01-2020 11:43 PM)
tuanton
First Poster
Options

I have just installed Samsung Q70R Soundbar to work with my Sony 65" TV using HDMI connection.  At my old age I have some hearing shortfalls with mid range sounds.  The soundbar is proving an improvement over the TV speakers and after trying  all the mode settings I have settled for Adaptive which gives me the clearest dialogue quality, however....  I have found that with the Sub setting on 0 (zero) I get some low rumble and the clear dialogue is certainly better when I switch off the sub altogether.

Is it OK to continue with the sub off or can I adjust settings to improve things.

Any advice much welcome.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @tuanton 

There are no set rules on this as it's all down to personal preference. There's certainly no problem in leaving the sub switched off if that works for you and it does sound as though you've explored the different mode settings available.

Is it that you're finding the sound from the sub just too loud?

0 Likes
tuanton
First Poster
Options

Tks ChrisM for your response.  My elderly hearing is the problem. I have just upgraded from Yamaha 207 to the Samsung and improved things even though the Yamaha has a few more clear speech settings than the Samsung. The Sub seems to 'muffle' the sound and since I don't watch too many movies which need lots of effects I switched it off as I did non the Yamaha and think it gives clearer sound.  I have to go to -12 setting if I keep it on.

0 Likes