Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Samsung soundbar hw-m450

(Topic created on: 08-02-2018 06:36 AM)
FGSD
Student
Options

Hi!

When I turn on my soundbar, it gets stuck on hello and doesnt do anything else.

Is there something I can do?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

wrote:

Hi!

When I turn on my soundbar, it gets stuck on hello and doesnt do anything else.

Is there something I can do?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @FGSD,   not sure how you are connecting  to Tv but with this soundbar it can be via optical cable, HDMI or Bluetooth- more info in manual. Troubleshooting is on page 31  http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201709/20170907102213112/HW-M450_ZA_FULL-170830.pdf

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
FGSD
Student
Options

I connected it via aux and HDMI. In both cases, it got stuck on HELLO when I turned it on and didn't react to anything except for unpluging it from power.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

wrote:

I connected it via aux and HDMI. In both cases, it got stuck on HELLO when I turned it on and didn't react to anything except for unpluging it from power.

Are you still getting anywhere after disconnecting? You could try  a reset by powering on Soundbar,them press and hold Vol+ and Vol -  until INIT appears on display.  More info on Us site  http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=464999&modelname=HW-...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
BsGC
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  I have tried hard reset with pushing + and - and unplugging and replugging. Still on HELLO.

Called Samsung support and they said I have to call for a paid service call since I am out of warranty.

I tested the HDMI cable with another device and it's not the cable. I am using Samsun TV and checked all settings.

Anyone have any input?

Not sure what more service call would do except cost me more money.

@JAMES4578 wrote:

wrote:

Are you still getting anywhere after disconnecting? You could try  a reset by powering on Soundbar,them press and hold Vol+ and Vol -  until INIT appears on display.  More info on Us site  http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=464999&modelname=HW-...

0 Likes
83Cak
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem... did you ever come up with a solution?

0 Likes
BsGC
First Poster
Options

Nope - I think it is fried. Luckily I bought at Costco and they took it back and refunded my money.

0 Likes
GABERIEL MORENO
First Poster
Options

HELLO EVERYONE, TODAY IN 2022
I HAVE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME, I HAVE READ EVERYTHING AND CAN'T GET IT TO TAKE OFF THE "HELLO". FINALLY SOMETHING WORKED FOR YOU GUYS

0 Likes
Super Dave
First Poster
Options

So what did you find that was the solution

0 Likes