Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor bass sound from SWA-W700

(Topic created on: 22-05-2018 09:06 AM)
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

I am getting very poor bass from my SWA-W700 subwoofer.  I have it connected to a Hw-MS550 sound bar.

I have downloaded the Samsung app and updated the software on the soundbar.

I do get bass comimg from the sub but it is very weak.  I have increased the bass with the remote to +6.

I tried a Dolby Surround Test I found on YouTube.  When I was supposed to hear from the subwoofer there was nothing but I could hear a faint rumbling at other times.

I have tried playing music direct from my iPhone using both the wifi network and Bluetooth but still nothing more than a gentle rumble.

Any other suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options
Bump bump
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DerbyLad.

When did you buy the speaker and where did you buy it from? Has it ever worked correctly?

0 Likes
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Hi Chris,

I bought the speakers in March 2018 from John Lewis but I've only recently started to use them.

I also have a HW-Ms550 sound bar

They are not hooked up to a TV, I'm just using them in another room to play music.

I'm am playing music stored on my iMac played through my iPhone on my home wifi network.  I do get some bass sound but not very much

0 Likes
ThomasT1976
First Poster
Options
Hello, I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks.
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

To be honest the kit has been packed away due to house build but I did get this reply from another forum that might help.

Please let me know if it resolves as I will no doubt have the same issue when I finally get the kit out again

had the same problem paired with HW-MS650 soundbar.

i had updated my soundbar via multi app to latest version 1146.4 yet bass was low

had a chat with a samsung guy and we decided to reset both soundbar and sub and re-pair

it worked!!

RESET soundbar by first turning it off then press vol - and vol + simultaneously till you see INT...

RESET button under the sub needs to be pushed in with a pointed object, used a pen in my case until blue LED turns on. 

Try paring both anew. Hope it helps 

0 Likes
John_C
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. I only use the sub with movies so I've used it about 20 times total and theres almost zero sound from it now. I tried a reset and it worked for one day. Now it doesn't work again and the reset doesn't work. Because it just over a year old samsung wont cover it. So it's a very expensive pile of junk. This is a very common issue theres reports of it everywhere when you google it and on here but samsung claim when you chat to them that nobody else has ever reported this issue. Which clearly isn't true.

0 Likes
Mike2866
First Poster
Options

I knew from the start that this sub was all size, no sound. You would think that a massive sub like this would pack a punch. I have the sub volume at 6 and I barely hear. I would have to turn up the soundbar to 50 or 60 to hear the sub.  it unpairs on its own now. I have to pair it once a week. It's pretty much a paper weight. Very disappointed! Not sure what to do at this point. 

0 Likes
Rycu250
First Poster
Options

I just bought this sub. I wish I had read more reviews. It hooks up just fine and plays but is absolutely pathetic. You can barely tell if it's working or not. I've owned many subs and I've never experienced something as weak as this. Adjustability is almost no existent. Maxed out at +6 it just barely rumbles. I've only had it a week. Should I return it? I see people saying theirs is working but is it like mine, barely audible or is it shaking the windows like it should? 

0 Likes
John_C
Journeyman
Options

It's a common fault. It's normally very loud I never turned mine up much as theirs no need. Return it asap. Samsung told me they'd never heard of this fault so it's not covered as a fault theyd consider fixing for free. I'd bought my sub new 13 months previously. I'd only used it about 20 times to watch movies. I didnt bother paying to fix it, it's too expensive to be throwing more money at. 

0 Likes