Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS650 soundbar volume control on devices

(Topic created on: 31-12-2018 05:56 PM)
JaLan67
First Poster
Options

I'm having a hard time controlling the volume of my MS650 from my devices. For example, when the volume is off and I touch the volume button of my smartphone one time, the volume of the MS650 jumps from level 0 to level 6.

In spotify, level 12 (which is really loud on the MS650) looks like this:

ms650-sound-spotify.PNG

It's almost impossible to controle the volume level using the slider without turning the level far to high and scaring everyone.  Also, when I use an app like Philips Hue Sync to add light effects to the music played, there's almost no effect because the app thinks the volume is very low. Which it definitely isn't. 

I'm having this "problem" on every device, no matter if I'm connected to the soundbar directly or using bluetooth. Because I haven't found one single mention of this on the internet, I'm wondering if this is normal behaviour or maybe a problem with my MS650.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
jgro
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem and it does not seem to be any solution. Perhaps I will have to sell samsung soundbar and buy another brands soundbar.

Joetbell
First Poster
Options

I use an iPhone and had the same problem Using the volume buttons on the phone solved the problem.

0 Likes
jgro
Student
Options

That doesn't work on android unfortunately.

0 Likes
mk13139
Journeyman
Options

Same issue with Samsung HW-MS550 and HW-MS650.. 

@Samsung when is this going to be solved?

dmnkstngl
First Poster
Options

It would be a nice feature, if the volume could really be adjusted 1 by 1.

@SAMSUNG: A fix of this issue would really be appreciated.

0 Likes
Qliver
Apprentice
Options

Three years later the volume problem is still present. I have a HW-Q80R and you can forget about changing the volume in the Windows app, the volume slider is like way to the beginning, but it's already pretty loud. I guess the problem is that the volume of the soundbar goes from 1 - 100 (?), but it's already pretty loud at 8, so 8%. Why would anyone ever want to go over 20? It already scares the whole household above 15.

0 Likes
Rein Jansen
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. It keeps me from using the soundbar. The scale is way off. No solution from Samsung.

0 Likes