Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-R440 Soundbar: Sudden volume change issue

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 11:10 AM)
MathiasTejs
First Poster
Options

Hi,

1. After installing the HW-R440 2.1ch Soundbar I noticed the following odd issue: At some points while e.g. watching a movie the following pattern will happen without me touching the remote:
  2. The sound will gradually increase from the base-level over the course of approximately three to five seconds.
    When the sound has increased to a point where it is almost unbearable because it is so loud the volume will suddenly decrease to much below base level - usually it is almost impossible to hear what is going on then.
  3. Then during the next ten to fifteen seconds it will increase gradually until it reaches the base volume level again.

Is this a known issue or have anyone else experienced something similar? Obviously it is quite annoying and it impairs the experience of the soundbar. I cannot reproduce the problem consistently, and it seems pretty random when it happens. The only thing I noticed is that it seems more likely to happen if I stop and then start a movie I am watching.

Details:

• The soundbar is HW-R440 2.1ch Soundbar.
  • The TV provides sound to the soundbar via the optical input channel.
  • The subwoofer is connected via bluetooth and there does not seem to be any connection issues.
  • Nothing else is connected to the soundbar or the subwoofer.

Thanks in advance!

Mathias

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MathiasTejs 

Are you still having this issue or did you manage to get it resolved?

0 Likes
Acadius
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the same soundbar with the same setup. Anyway to know if there's a fix for that?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Acadius. Do you have the same soundbar as @MathiasTejs? Can you also confirm which model TV you have it connected to? 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Acadius. Do you have the same soundbar as @MathiasTejs? Can you also confirm which model TV you have it connected to? 

0 Likes
Acadius
First Poster
Options

Yes it's the same soundbar and my TV is an Insignia Fire TV edition

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/insignia-4k-fire-edition,review-5869.html

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, is there any damage to the optical audio cable you are using? Do you have another optical audio cable you can use to connect to your soundbar? Try also turning off the TV for 20 seconds and turning it on again.

0 Likes
RachelRCarr
First Poster
Options

I have had the exact same problem with my sound bar. Connected to a FFalcon TV. 
lived with it for a year but it’s getting really annoying, can’t find anyone with a fix. 
optical cable in perfect condition. 

0 Likes