Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Soundbar getting picture but no sound over HDMI

(Topic created on: 22-08-2019 10:52 PM)
Sebassis
Student
Options

Hi All,

Yesterday everything was working fine. Getting great Atmos on the computer, 5.1 through the Fire TV and ARC with the PS4. Today I rebuilt my computer and went to watch some stuff and now I get picture but no sound through the HDMI channels. Thgouht it might be the computer so tried the Fire TV and PS4 and no sound over any HDMI channel.

I tried using bluetooth to play some music to see if it was a problem with the speakers and the music came through fine. It's just when I switch to any of the HDMI channels I get no sound. I updated it to the latest firmware when I get the soundbar and have not had any disconnect issues. This is the first time I've had a problem with it. Only had it 4 weeks!

Anyone any ideas what's going on? I'm baffled that I can get picture but no sound. I've tried stereo, dobly and dts signals and no audio but great picture.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sebassis
Student
Options

I solved it. No amount of resets or support calls to Samsung could fix it.

Had to do a hard reset.... that is, unplug it and plug it back in. Then it's all working again. Spent hours last night trying to get it workign and failed to try this one. Doh!!

Samsung should add physical power witches to their hardware, they'd save themselves a fortune in morons like me calling support.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Sebassis
Student
Options

I solved it. No amount of resets or support calls to Samsung could fix it.

Had to do a hard reset.... that is, unplug it and plug it back in. Then it's all working again. Spent hours last night trying to get it workign and failed to try this one. Doh!!

Samsung should add physical power witches to their hardware, they'd save themselves a fortune in morons like me calling support.

FotisK
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem last night. I reset the TV to the default settings and then everything was fine. This evening happened again. I did what you did and all is fixed up. I called the support tho and they said that i have to give my TV to them so they could have a look. In another topic i saw that it took them more than a week to replace the TV. I dont know if I'll give it to them or if i just unplug it everytime this problem happen.
0 Likes
yschimke
Apprentice
Options

This reset of the soundbar fixed it for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLeyU4MLKc

0 Likes
Danyd007
First Poster
Options

Same problem and the unplug solution works for me as well. Thank you

0 Likes