Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Sound Mode

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 12:07 PM)
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the Sound Mode start up in "Standard" rather than "Adaptive"?  When I power off the sound bar it will always revert back to Adaptive. 

Problem with this sound processing mode called Adaptive is that it tries to replace the sound separation the movie soundtrack has and it doesn't necessarily do a good job, whereas Standard mode doesn't screw things up with the sound as designed by the producers of the movie. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@Gin06 wrote:

Yes i was refering to the intelligent mode (i have spanish language and called that mode “smart” by mistake), if u enable the intelligent mode the TV always reverse to adaptative mode, if u turn off the intelligent mode completely (u lose the image intelligent mode options too), then the TV remember yor default mode when u turn it off and on again. At least is how it works on my Q70R with or without soundbar.

Thanks, I will try that. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Gin06
Apprentice
Options

Disable smart options on the TV.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@brettautrey: As far as I can tell there isn't a way to set a default Sound Mode, although you can quickly switch between modes via the sound bar remote's 'Sound Mode' button. Are you powering off the sound bar separately from the TV, or do you have your TV set up to power off the sound bar when you turn it off, as it may be worth trying both approaches to see if one of them retains your chosen Sound Mode.
0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@Gin06 wrote:

Disable smart options on the TV.

Thanks

Not sure which configuration option you're referring to. I've looked thru every setting and don't see what you might be suggesting other than intelligent mode, which only had volume and brightness options. Can you explain further?

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@brettautrey: As far as I can tell there isn't a way to set a default Sound Mode, although you can quickly switch between modes via the sound bar remote's 'Sound Mode' button. Are you powering off the sound bar separately from the TV, or do you have your TV set up to power off the sound bar when you turn it off, as it may be worth trying both approaches to see if one of them retains your chosen Sound Mode.

I don't see a setting for controlling when the soundbar turns on and off. Maybe that's in the soundbar setup? Can you elaborate? Thanks!!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@brettautrey: On the soundbar, if you have it set to D.IN, HDMI1, HDMI2, WIFI or BT then the unit will automatically power down after 18 minutes if there is no audio input, so you could try leaving it to power down by itself to see if your Sound Mode option stays as Standard. For your TV, please consult the user manual to see what options are available to you, or if it's a Samsung TV then please confirm the model number and I can look into this for you.
0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@brettautrey: On the soundbar, if you have it set to D.IN, HDMI1, HDMI2, WIFI or BT then the unit will automatically power down after 18 minutes if there is no audio input, so you could try leaving it to power down by itself to see if your Sound Mode option stays as Standard. For your TV, please consult the user manual to see what options are available to you, or if it's a Samsung TV then please confirm the model number and I can look into this for you.

@AndrewL ,I have the Samsung 2019 Q90R 65" tv.   I've looked thru the manual from cover to cover and don't see a way to control. Thanks

0 Likes
Gin06
Apprentice
Options

Yes i was refering to the intelligent mode (i have spanish language and called that mode “smart” by mistake), if u enable the intelligent mode the TV always reverse to adaptative mode, if u turn off the intelligent mode completely (u lose the image intelligent mode options too), then the TV remember yor default mode when u turn it off and on again. At least is how it works on my Q70R with or without soundbar.

0 Likes
Solution
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@Gin06 wrote:

Thanks, I will try that. 

0 Likes