Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 10-06-2019 08:07 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
432 REPLIES 432
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Just had an online chat with Samsung UK. As you can imagine they we're as unhelpful as usual. She first just straight up told me that a reset would fix it then in response to me telling her about all the forum posts about it said that was just peoples 'opinions' and not real reports. Also that they haven't had a single reported case of this at Samsung. I linked her to the Samsung UK and Australia pages for the soundbar and she said that she had to disregard the Australian one as it's not the UK. Then she told me I'd have to transport the soundbar to my nearest Samsung repair centre or just get a new one from John Lewis
I pushed back and a 'case manager' is calling me within 24 hours. All I want at this stage is an acknowledgement that they know about it and what they plan to do. Either a fix via an update, a hardware fix or a replacement unit from a new batch.
What are the chances that this case manager will know or admit anything about this...?!?!?

0 Likes
Stewart_T
Apprentice
Options

There is a case logged with Samsung UK as the uplift team have collected a unit from Burnley to test this problem. 

""In the meantime we believe simply powering the affected speaker (s) Rear (s) & or Sub-Woofer Off then back On will restore operation without requiring to go through the whole connection procedure.

While not ideal, it will allow the customer to enjoy the new soundbar & give us some time to implement a permanent solution.

It is imperative we have the affected Soundbar currently in your warehouse back for investigation ASAP.""

0 Likes
Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

I was wondering if the volume of the rear speakers is better than the n950, someone who previously had this soundbar? It seems to me that when watching movies on 5.1 or 7.1 the sound of the rear speakers is much higher than viewing Atmos content. How did you adjust the front and rear volumes? Thanks for your help

I preferred the N950 instead of the q90r, to avoid these problems with the disconnection of the speakers.

0 Likes
Cclaudel06
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know if Samsung really looks at the discussions ? I am in France, received my soundbar last Friday and have the same problem > when it works, it is great, but it looses connectivity of the subwoofer and rear speakers when the soundbar is turned off.

I have tried every possible solution hdmi/arc, optical, turn off wifi... nothing works.

There is one thing I have noticed however, in the user manual it says you can manually connect in case automatic connection fails by doing as follows :

Capture.JPG

... but this has NEVER worked for me. The "ID SET" message does not appear... 

Could this be part of the problem ?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@JohnnyMnemonic wrote:
Hey! I noticed my reply to this post last week was gone too!

Checked into this. Looks like some posts were caught up with a removed duplicate post from ts86 a week ago. I've restored the missing ones for you guys.

@ShiroEd, I wasn't able to find any missing posts of yours. 😞

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

My experience with Samsung Support is fine so far. They acknowledged the problem and let me know that they are working on a firmware update as we speak. I even got that in writing. I'm gonna wait a couple more days before I send it back for a refund. (I really hope it gets fixed, when it works it works fantastic).

ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Wow!

That is good news and service indeed. See! That's all we would like to hear. Why is it so hard and random getting that information from other markets?

What country are you in PauluzNL?

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

I’m from the Netherlands and I used Dutch support on Facebook Messenger and phone. 

The shop where I bought the soundbar has even confirmed the issue and will give me my money back if the firmware update doesn’t work. 

0 Likes
Falidu
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone ! 

Same issue here French customer.

Just received the bar few day ago...

I’m so disappointed, spend 1500€ for a product that doesn’t work. 

it is unacceptable Samsung !!!

Hope you’ll find a quick solution ! 

0 Likes
mario_kao
First Poster
Options

new update of the soundbar from de smarthings app 1007.9