Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 10-06-2019 08:07 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
432 REPLIES 432
flewdya
First Poster
Options

Hi guys. I just purchased this soundbar. I have updated to firmware 1008 and everything works great .... for maximum 1 minute. Every time i turn the soundbar on , its working great and after the PRT message shows on display and it shutsdown automatically. Sometimes it works for 20 seconds, sometimes for 3 minutes before it shuts down. Its unbevliebele what issue i got.  It is not the 5 minutes no signal problem, mine is different .. it just shuts down mostly in under 1 minutes  ( while TV playing ) .  I see no resolvation to this, i will take it back to the retailer so they can stick it up in their .... 

0 Likes
flewdya
First Poster
Options

i noticed my shutdown problem is directly related to  the Volume. If Volume is at maximum 23, it works great, as soon as i rise up the volume ,

PRT appears on display and it shutsdown instantly like you unplug the power

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options
Not yet, a new firmware release is expected in the next days and should bring eARC capacity.
This was confirmed by Samsung UK to the journalist who did the product review for several websites including TechRadar
0 Likes
flewdya
First Poster
Options

It seems my PRT shutdown issue is a hardware problem. PRT comes from Protection. I brought the soundbar to Samsung service here in my town and i will let you if they fixed it and what was the issue 

0 Likes
winebae
Explorer
Options

Turn it off and press the cogwheel button on the remote till it comes on.

Many SW Versions will be on the display.

If you have B1008, and all the components are updated, it will show "update" for just a few seconds.

0 Likes
SaChy
Journeyman
Options

Hello.
Gentlemen, is it an accident or I came across a damaged model. I replaced the HW-K950 Soundbar with the HW-Q90R and I am surprised by the subwoofer's operation. It's a drama compared to the K950. Is it a coincidence or something changed after the last updated.
How to check the subwoofer for proper operation? Bass and subwoofer set to max

0 Likes
MontySagguUK
First Poster
Options

Did they fix it?

0 Likes
flewdya
First Poster
Options

No. They said the power board doesn't work and they can not find the spare part here in Romania so they will give me a new one. I hope this one works. 

0 Likes
Venner
Pioneer
Options

Edit: after a day or so of it working it disconnects again every time u switch the tv off. Getting fed up with this now

Thank you the PDF showed me how to update the 2 rear and sub and now system back working again.

0 Likes
CH-JJ
First Poster
Options

@flewdya wrote:

Hi guys. I just purchased this soundbar. I have updated to firmware 1008 and everything works great .... for maximum 1 minute. Every time i turn the soundbar on , its working great and after the PRT message shows on display and it shutsdown automatically. Sometimes it works for 20 seconds, sometimes for 3 minutes before it shuts down. Its unbevliebele what issue i got.  It is not the 5 minutes no signal problem, mine is different .. it just shuts down mostly in under 1 minutes  ( while TV playing ) .  I see no resolvation to this, i will take it back to the retailer so they can stick it up in their .... 

Hi 2 all,

After I received th brandnew soundbar Q90R and installed it, the "system" worked fine for the rest of the day. Next day I got a automatical power off every 15 minutes ...
- so the paired BT connection dropped and the music stream by spotify paused at the smartphone.

- so the video stream of NETFLIX paused at the TV due to ARC connectifity.

- so the TV programm continued without sound until the soundbar powered again on due to ARC (and this every 15 minutes)!!

1st: contacting the SMASUNG support via email with pics , they could not solve the behaviour by assisting me.

2nd: contacting the SMASUNG technical support via phone call, they could not solve the behaviour by assisting me.

3rd: call back of the SMASUNG expert technical support, they could not solve the behaviour by assisting me.

Resume: may a technical defect...!!! (due to technical independence of the two channels BT and ARC/CEC)

NOT with me!

1. took the main unit out of power for 24 hours

2. reset the main unit (initialize) again and again and once again (surely 5 times)

3. connection via SmartThing app (press network longer!) and setup the correct WIFI access

4. works!

Now since 5 days a great sound atmosphere in the living room without any problems:

HDMI 1: Apple TV

HDMI 2: "movie-source"

D.IN: TV (with ARC) for programm and streaming

BT: Music via Smartphone-App (Spotify or others)

0 Likes