Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 13-08-2019 01:44 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options

Have you tried getting the tv.off the power for 10 mins so that it  connects again to the soundbar?

And reinstall the app? Have you reinitialisez the soundbar through the smart things app?

If all that does not work then thats an exetional.case. most bars work with and since.1008.update including mine. I had the same problems but all.solved after taking all these steps (again)

0 Likes
fr75va
Journeyman
Options

Hi

You have to follow the EXACT steps of the update ; for instance, when you insert the USB key, it needs to have both the EXE file AND the unzipped files in the folder.

(initially i was downloading the exe on a HD, unzipping and then copying to the USB and the update was not starting...)

0 Likes
NJuice
First Poster
Options

Yup I have followed those steps! Download the file from Samsung, Transfer the Zipped File to my USB Drive, Unzip the file within my USB Drive, do not delete either the unzipped or zipped file (I have tried deleting the zipped file as well), eject the USB file from my computer, and plug it into my soundbar.

No matter how long I wait...nothing. Even holding down the down button does not trigger an upgrade. I am just very lost as to what I am missing here!

0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options
That sucks. Best call samsung then.
0 Likes
NittedalNorway
Student
Options
Same problem in Norway. Customer support just say that i have too wait and see if there will be a fix for the Nordic . Is this the way Samsung works is it the last Samsung product i will by . Samsung what will you do about it ????
0 Likes
Solution
ShaneB
Hotshot
Options

Maybe this might help :smiling-face:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-the-software-of-your-q90r-soundbar/

Created last week so let me know if it's useful by 'liking' post :thinking-face:

Accept as solution if it helps @ShiroEd

NittedalNorway
Student
Options

1007.9 does not help innstalling on this problem . Is there another and new updat that works in the Nordic

Didhan
Apprentice
Options

Hello ShaneB,

Only last update works if we read different answers. What does Samsung in order to share the last update in Europa ? For the moment, it's avalaible only US ?

I find Samsung very scanty on this problem of disconnexion. I am very disapointed by the silence of Samsung.

0 Likes
emeric42
Explorer
Options

Hello everyone,

I can give a feedback from my own experience. I have received the soundbar with the following firmware version:

M-0126.0
B-1007.9
H-0051.0
FD-0040.0
W-240.0
S-0135.0
RR-0135.0
RL-0135.0

It was impossible to keep the Sub and Surr. repro. connected more than 2hours.

I have followed the update instructions, since the soundbar was already in 1007.9, i launched an update and the Sub and the Sur. repro were updated in 5 mins, i have got this:

M-0126.0
B-1007.9
H-0051.0
FD-0040.0
W-240.0
S-0136.0
RR-0136.0
RL-0136.0

It was 2 days ago and still not disconnection ! Finally !!!

I am just wandering how it is possible that i have received a brand new soundbar half updated... I wasted so many hours of my time that this issue is not forgivable for Samsung at this pricepoint.

brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@emeric42 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I can give a feedback from my own experience. I have received the soundbar with the following firmware version:

M-0126.0
B-1007.9
H-0051.0
FD-0040.0
W-240.0
S-0135.0
RR-0135.0
RL-0135.0

It was impossible to keep the Sub and Surr. repro. connected more than 2hours.

I have followed the update instructions, since the soundbar was already in 1007.9, i launched an update and the Sub and the Sur. repro were updated in 5 mins, i have got this:

M-0126.0
B-1007.9
H-0051.0
FD-0040.0
W-240.0
S-0136.0
RR-0136.0
RL-0136.0

It was 2 days ago and still not disconnection ! Finally !!!

I am just wandering how it is possible that i have received a brand new soundbar half updated... I wasted so many hours of my time that this issue is not forgivable for Samsung at this pricepoint.

How do you determine all of the version numbers? I only know the one that the phone app shows. For me (in the US) I have 1008

0 Likes