Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 08:11 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

Hello everyone, following your advices I had a look at my TV settings:

I have only the possibility to select AUTO or PCM in the numeric output.

In auto and PCM I still have the possibility to select a sound mode and there is no « atmos » text typed in the soundbar or the screen.

any advice ?

0 Likes
Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

Hello everyone, following your advices I had a look at my TV settings:

I have only the possibility to select AUTO or PCM in the numeric output.

In auto and PCM I still have the possibility to select a sound mode and there is no « atmos » text typed in the soundbar or the screen.

any advice ?

EDIT:

Whoops ! I have changed the mode to « auto » and restarted my TV / Netflix app, now it works !

Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

Last question: on the parameters, should I put « virtual » to ON or OFF? I can’t hear any noticeable difference.

0 Likes
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Since few days YouTube stopped to play 5.1 sound on my Q90R soundbar.

Same on Nvidia Shield and Xbox one connected directly to soundbar.

Do you have the same?

Or something wrong with my settings?

0 Likes
Bezo
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem sense 1008 update. The subwoofer does not work at all with YouTube 5.1 test tubes. Using Netflix the subwoofer and rear speakers are very quiet in atmos mode. Prior to this update I got good sound from YouTube,Netflix etc that is when the speakers connected.

0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options

to Sqlutsqvq

I also don’t know what the “Virtual on/off” does. I didn’t found it in manual.

I suppose that this function should transform 5.1 signal to 9.1 but I don’t hear any difference too 😕

to NatFlenders

I cannot confirm this. When I watch YouTube or TV bradcast I can hear 5.1 signal. Also the signal from my multimedia player Dune is alright.

In this case it could be problem of the TV firmware (related to HDMI), but I’m not sure about it .

to Bezo

Yes, I confirm. The subwoofer works for me but even if I set +6 the difference is very small. The same with other satelites except the central. That’s the only one where i can hear the volume change clearly.

to SAMSUNG

Please fix all the problems and do new firmware. I’m so dissapointed that there's noone here from Samsung who would try to help us. This is my first and very bad experience with Samsung and for a long time I will try to avoid Samsung products. But now I have your product,  I want 7.1.4 and your product is the only one who has it in this time so I will stick with it but I’m dissapointed with the issues and with Samsung approach.

PLEASE:

1. Update Smarthing app that we can

-  control volume for all speakers

• make the volume changes for satelites more audible
  • changing the “Virtual on/off”  function doesn't make any change and in manual is no explanation for this
  • allow user presets for speaker’s volume settings
  • add Night mode (sound mode for watching movies in the night)
  • when reseting my soundbar I lose connection with the app and there is no way how to register the soundbar with the same account. Please change it. 

2  Update remote control functions

• Pressing the VOL could resets settings to 0 (as Subwoofer button does). For Mute is dedicated another button yet.
  • add changing value continuously when holding VOL or WOOFER button up or down
  • holding setting button could resets value of all satelites to 0

1. Firmware
  • make the firmware update  more user friendly (update for the complete set of speakers all at once and not in two steps)

ZilXz
First Poster
Options

Would you guys recommend upgrading to 1008?  Currently experiencing my sub dropping connection. I have the EU version of the soundbar

0 Likes
Stuey1985
First Poster
Options

I just bought this yesterday and hooked it up to my LG OLED C7 via ARC. Linked my 4k player and Sky Q box up to the soundbar and then an hdmi arc into the tv from the soundbar.

Its confusing me though trying to simply switch to watching Sky - am I to use the sound bar remote to flick between the sources to get to Sky? It usually ends up taking a while to pull the signal through which is odd...and the  sets off the 4k player by starting it up which is annoying. 

Also having all of the issues with signals being lost in the woofer and rear speakers. I have no confidence that this will all be fixed.

0 Likes
Taekwonrooij
Pioneer
Options

Problems are.fixed people! 10008 on Dutch bar here...

Just read the forum feom page 9 amd further......

0 Likes
ZilXz
First Poster
Options
Seems like there is issues with the new firmware as well though
0 Likes