Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 18-07-2019 07:51 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

Put surround or adaptive mode... and be disappointed about how bad the sound is from the rear speakers 

0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options

I don't understand your answer ... 

Well, what I need is to add a little volume to rear speakers but the volume in settings doesn't make any change and I don't know why.

You can change the  Surround or adaptive mode when watching 5.1, Dolby or DTS movies only. When watching Dolby Atmos or DTS-X you cannot change the sound modes and that's what I use most.

0 Likes
Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

That’s surprising... for example when I watch atmos source on Netflix I can change the sound mode..

Is that normal ?

0 Likes
Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

I own the N950, honestly the increase in volume of the rear speakers is minimal compared to the front ones. On some films they seem too high on others too low, every time you have to adjust the volumes to have a good balance between front and rear, in my opinion 13 watts for the rear are few, in addition I think Samsung should insert a separate volume for the rear as well as the adjustment of the Db. With the Apple TV on some Atmos films the back spikers are really low, when I test with the Blu-Ray player with Atmos content downloaded from their site the rear speakers sound wonderful. We hope that Samsung will add the independent volume function as the Sony zf9.

0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options
That’s what I thought.
When you watch Netflix and the particular movie is in Dolby Atmos than the soundbar display shows “Dolby atmos” shortly and when you want to change to another sound mode “not available” appears on display. Only in this case you can be sure that you are enjoying the real Dolby atmos.
I have Sony TV AF8 with Android and Netflix app and it works without any special settings. Otherway, for watching movies in Dolby Atmos or DTS-X I use external devise from Dune (Dine HD Pro 4K) and in this device I HAVE to change the audio settings from “PCM (decoded)” to “Original (bitstream)”

It’s a big difference to watch movies with Dolby Atmos and DTs-X in this right way or with the wrong way when you change the node to e.g. “surround” or “addaptive”.

For All other content I use “Adaptive mode” and that works best for me.

But I still don’t have answer to my question if you and other user can change the volume of rear speakers specifically (get in the menu with the setting button on remote controller and up or down for changing the value.

What a pitty that Bose doesn’t make 7.1.4 . I’n very disappointed that Samsung has these bugs. Anyway the sound is ok for me, it makes what I wanted... 7.1.4 around me and support of Dolby atmos and DTS-X ... and only this product offers this .
0 Likes
Filipgo
Explorer
Options

To Zaza

Thanks for your answer. I have the same experience that changing the volume of rear speaker has minimal or nearly none effect. I can hear clearly the changing volume on central speaker.

Yes Samsung should make the volume settings wider or to allow in his Smarthing app to control this. I really don’t understand why they don’t implement the volume setting to this app. I can change treble, bass and subwoofer in this app but no possibility to change volume of other speakers.

On other way Samsung has nothing to do with the quality of sound in the movie. The quality differs from movie to movie. The better movie for me eg Woody Allen, Milos Forman the less effects and usually no Atmos or DTS-X. On other way if you watch some blockbusters then the effect is huge... but my brain slowly dies ...

0 Likes
Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

To Filpgo

I know that the volume of the films varies, for example Matrix in dolby atmos on Apple TV has amazing effects, I too feel the change of volumes on the soundbar, in fact I had to bring everything to -3db apart from the central which is at 0 for have a good balance with the back, the one I adjust based on the film raising or lowering based on what is above the front. I agree with you Samsung should expand the volume adjustment, I believe that having a separate problem between front and rear solves the problem enough, it would be enough to press the volume button for a switch between front and rear, now pressing the volume you have the mute function that already has its dedicated button. I hope that for the n950 there are still updates and added features.

Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

Good afternoon everyone,

could you please help me to set up correctly my soundbar ? I currently see no « atmos » mode when I launch an atmos source on Netflix.

I have a LG 55C8 TV, the bar is plugged in HDMI ARC with the HDMI cable provided by Samsung.

do I have to set up something on my TV?

best regards 

0 Likes
Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

you have to check that your tv supports atmos. unfortunately I have a Sony TV and this does not support Dolby Atmos, only Dolby digital or digital plus.

0 Likes
Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

Yes, even the speakers of the TV are compatible with atmos 

0 Likes