Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 10-07-2019 11:18 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
Dibouz
Explorer
Options

Salut a tous, j'ai le même problème de déconnexions en France surtout pour les satellites. C'est vrai un scandale pour un produit vendu aussi cher. 

Vous me confirmez qu'en France en étant bloqué sur la maj 1007,9 on a juste à passer la barre avec la maj 1008 avec usb pour régler le problème ?

Ou je trouve une solution rapidement, ou je la renvoie rapidement au vendeur. Ras le bol de cette barre pourrie. 

0 Likes
Scorplex
Student
Options

Salut, oui c'est ça, il faut passer la 1008 à la main pour la forcer. Pour les satellites j'ai du le passer plusieurs fois et je ne suis pas encore sur à 100% que ce soit bon mais ça a résolu le problème pour tout le monde ici.

For others I just reply that the 1008 seems to correct the trouble even in France :winking-face: 

0 Likes
fr75va
Journeyman
Options

Bonjour

Idem pour moi. Y compris pour la non certitude de version sur le causson et les hp arrieres. En revanche, j’ai désormais un bug pas grave : quand la barre de son est éteinte alors qu’elle est positionnée sur une autre source que hdmi arc, le fait d’allumer ensuite la tv ne l’allume plus automatiquement...

English summary :

- 1008 thru usb corrects the problem in france

- another problem appeared : if I switch off the soundbar while the source is on other source than hdmi-arc, then it does not switch on automatically with the tv (qled from 2018)...

0 Likes
Didhan
Apprentice
Options

Bonsoir,

Je confirme les mêmes problemes que chez les autres. Malgré une mise à jour avec la nouvelle version non dispo pour la France, j'ai toujours les déconnexions. J'ai ramené la barre de son au magazin pour renvoi et correction chez Samsung. C'est inadmissible de payer une barre de son 1500 euros et se retrouver avec ce type de panne.

0 Likes
Sqqqqqqqqqql
Explorer
Options

Personnellement je vous trouve tous bien patient vis à vis de Samsung... 

1- ce n’est pas à vous de vous déplacer pour mettre en conformité le produit

2- ce n’est pas à vous de bidouiller un flash de firmware sans savoir ce que ça donne, cela peut faire sauter votre garantie 

3- je suis plutôt pour recenser tous les cas et commencer une procédure de recours collectif.

Samsung se doit de tout organiser en envoyant un réparateur à domicile compte tenu de l’encombrement et du poids du produit.

Dans le cas de l’impossibilite de réparer le produit exiger un remboursement du produit défectueux.

quelqu’un d’un peu influent peut-il ébruiter ce problème sur les réseaux sociaux afin que Samsung France commence à se bouger un peu?

0 Likes
Gin06
Apprentice
Options

Just to say that I had 0 disconnections since the 1007.9 update released a week ago (and after following the rear and subwoofer update steps 0136.0).

Not mentioned on the user manual, but I have seen that if u press the sound mode button for 6 sec with the soundbar off, it displays a text saying test tone or something like that, but nothing plays. Just curious about this (non working?) feature.

0 Likes
UKOK
First Poster
Options

Hopefully not speaking too soon I am going to say the same.  which is why i am guessing Samsung say there is no issue as they think its fixed.

For me the key was to update the rears and sub which had to be done twice first time having to re-pair one of the rear speakers.

in my opinion there is no point taking this product  back or returning  in reflection you purely need to follow the updates as posted here. 

will keep testing and feedback if anything goes wrong. 

must admit i had to swap my TV to LG due to an issue with it and the support is spot on :winking-face: 

0 Likes
RussShaw
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I guess it goes without saying I had the same issues, which required the same solution as everyone else here.

I just wanted to seek verification that I have updated the main unit, the steps outlined in the guide stated that to update the main unit, no physical actions were required other than inserting the USB with firmware file, and that the unit would automatically update. This didn’t happen, holding down the down button for 6 seconds started the update, but as far as I’m aware this was just the sub and rear speakers?

Is there a way to verify that my main unit is running the latest firmware? I’ve held down the cog button and checked the display, but I’m a little unsure as to what I need to look for.

0 Likes
Gin06
Apprentice
Options

RussShaw as it was explained on the previous page, after pressing for 6 seconds the cog button with the soundbar off (standby), u have to take a look at the numbers displayed after S / RL & RR values, correctly updated speakers will be 0136.0 for both.

0 Likes
SWEEMEROS
Student
Options

Same problem with me, they send me an update. But still disconnect...    bought it 3 weeks ago ! 3 weeks of problems !! i already bought  something else. Its a shame of the money.

0 Likes