Support

Open search

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

Explorer
2.0 content gets played as 2.1 on “standard” mode. Try playing spotify on “surround” mode.
Explorer

Just came home from work and 1008 still works like a charm!

Apprentice

You are indeed correct change from standard to surround and I can confirm this is now fully working and the sound is epic

Explorer

@VP01 wrote:

Ok so, the update does indeed fix the rear speaker issue when your watching sky for example via HDMI however if you go to spotify and connect via wifi and play a song the rear speakers will not work. 

Also tried youtube via mobile and via amazon firestick no sound out the rear speakers again.

So a bit of good and bad news. Can others who say it is working now check if it does via spotify, youtube, mobile device etc.

I don't experience any of those issues after the update. Spotify Connect works. Amazon Fire Stick 4K works fine, great on fact. YouTube native app on Q90 TV works. 

Explorer

@PauluzNL wrote:
2.0 content gets played as 2.1 on “standard” mode. Try playing spotify on “surround” mode.

That's what I did too. I failed to mention this in my reply earlier to another member. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

YouTube and spotify are 2 channel aren't they ?

Apprentice

I also live in the netherland, after the 1007.9 update my soundbar works the way it should. No more connection loss with the rear speakers. 

Explorer
:-) I didn't even try to test this version. Went straight to 1008 after 1007.9 was done.
First Poster

Hello,

I just hit the same problem and send my Q90R today back to Samsung to get a "new" one...

I am really exited to see if the "new" one works better...

I also had to disconnect one of my rear satellites, in my case the right one.

But after I did this the Q90R works perfekt with every input: XBox One X Dolby Atmos; Netflix; TV; WiFi Spotify Connection; switch in between those modes... Everything was fine, just the start of the Soundbar is not acceptable for me, not for a top product!!!

BR,

MaV

Apprentice

Turned it on this morning and still going strong and working as designed!!! Updated software via USB shows on SmartThings too  

2CD46C59-2BEA-4300-B10B-CC968F9F29AF.jpeg

Top Liked Authors