Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 05:29 PM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options
2.0 content gets played as 2.1 on “standard” mode. Try playing spotify on “surround” mode.
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Just came home from work and 1008 still works like a charm!

VP01
Journeyman
Options

You are indeed correct change from standard to surround and I can confirm this is now fully working and the sound is epic

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@VP01 wrote:

Ok so, the update does indeed fix the rear speaker issue when your watching sky for example via HDMI however if you go to spotify and connect via wifi and play a song the rear speakers will not work. 

Also tried youtube via mobile and via amazon firestick no sound out the rear speakers again.

So a bit of good and bad news. Can others who say it is working now check if it does via spotify, youtube, mobile device etc.

I don't experience any of those issues after the update. Spotify Connect works. Amazon Fire Stick 4K works fine, great on fact. YouTube native app on Q90 TV works. 

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

@PauluzNL wrote:
2.0 content gets played as 2.1 on “standard” mode. Try playing spotify on “surround” mode.

That's what I did too. I failed to mention this in my reply earlier to another member. 

0 Likes
BigJC
Journeyman
Options

YouTube and spotify are 2 channel aren't they ?

0 Likes
Dutchstur
Apprentice
Options

I also live in the netherland, after the 1007.9 update my soundbar works the way it should. No more connection loss with the rear speakers. 

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options
🙂 I didn't even try to test this version. Went straight to 1008 after 1007.9 was done.
0 Likes
Maveric008
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I just hit the same problem and send my Q90R today back to Samsung to get a "new" one...

I am really exited to see if the "new" one works better...

I also had to disconnect one of my rear satellites, in my case the right one.

But after I did this the Q90R works perfekt with every input: XBox One X Dolby Atmos; Netflix; TV; WiFi Spotify Connection; switch in between those modes... Everything was fine, just the start of the Soundbar is not acceptable for me, not for a top product!!!

BR,

MaV

0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Turned it on this morning and still going strong and working as designed!!! Updated software via USB shows on SmartThings too  

2CD46C59-2BEA-4300-B10B-CC968F9F29AF.jpeg

0 Likes