Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 11:46 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
gnomes
Journeyman
Options

Hi Break, can you provide more details please re 

Be careful when you update soundbar and especially when you update sub and rear (powercycle sync before) .

0 Likes
Break
Student
Options

Yes,

You remember when you poweroff your bar after few hours when you power on your soundbar he lost sync with sub and rear right?! so before update power off all bar , sub , rear and reset power cycle (power sub then rear then bar)

After that update (1008) via usb service and update sub and rear (according to update manual) . it took long time for me to finish sub and rear update. (approx 15 mn).

0 Likes
gnomes
Journeyman
Options

Thank you Break. I will give this a try and report back

0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Anyone in the UK tried this update? I might try it this evening. 

0 Likes
gnomes
Journeyman
Options

VP01 - I'm in the UK and havent tried it yet, but will give it go tomorrow and provide feedback here. If you do get to try it this evening please do report back. Given others in EU in this forum have upgraded to the US 0008 patch, I dont see how it would be any different for us.

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options
I'm in the UK too and I'm gonna try it as soon as I can.
0 Likes
stoli412
First Poster
Options

@VP01 wrote:

Anyone in the UK tried this update? I might try it this evening. 

I took the plunge and installed it this morning. The bar only restarted once (instead of twice as in the instructions). The sub and rear update took about 15 minutes. I switched it off for about 45 minutes, came back and all speakers were still connected. Fingers crossed that it's still working when I get home from work tonight!

Helal
Journeyman
Options
Hello,

I also passed in 1008 US. I can confirm that for the moment the problem of disconnection is solved after 12h. I turned off last night after the update, turn on again this morning, and this morning, turn on again at 12H, and no problem pairing.

Thanks to Samsung US

VP01
Journeyman
Options

Sorry i dont uderstand? Are you saying you have downloaded the 1008 update and it has worked ?

0 Likes
gnomes
Journeyman
Options
Helal - are you in the UK?
0 Likes