Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 11:56 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
VP01
Journeyman
Options

Hi all.

I brought my HW-Q90R soundbar from Samsung UK Online just over a month ago. My sub and rear speakers no longer connect or work at all.

Spoken to Samsung regarding this who have advised this is not a known issue and it will have to go in for repair as its just over 28 days from purchase.

I asked Samsung via live chat what happens if after the repair the issue still exists do I get a refund? I was told no it would go into repair again.

Anyone know how to update the soundbar software via the app? I have tried but no joy.

0 Likes
Break
Student
Options

Still same problem with the firmware 1007.9...

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options

Installed 1008.0 last night. It went thru several automated restarts on its own. I didn't have to do any setup at all to configure. This morning the problem appears to be fixed. Back speakers and woofer came on immediately and sound came from them as you would expect!!!

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Which region are you in? US? 

0 Likes
Break
Student
Options
i try to do update again but still in 1007.9 firmware..
0 Likes
VP01
Journeyman
Options

How did you do the update please let me know so I can try. 

I have installed the SmartThings app  andf not given an option to update and Multiroom app samsung have confirmed the soundbar is not supported.

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options
Yes, I'm in the US
0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options
I updated from the Smart things app on my phone. Under the Sound Bar device I selected 'Information' from the top right menu. Then selected the firmware button. The device is connected to WiFi so the download and update started on its own. Too 15-20 minutes with all the reboots it did.
0 Likes
Cclaudel06
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info. I still have 1007.9. I suppose 1008 is not deployed on European servers yet. Hope it will be soon... and working... at last !

0 Likes
brettautrey
Pioneer
Options
Will be interesting to see if 1008.0 works for everyone! Fingers crossed.
0 Likes