Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HW-Q90R Disconnects!

(Topic created on: 15-06-2019 07:41 AM)
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Took delivery of this brand new product on Saturday only to find I'm one of many reporting that it has a fundamental problem. 

It disconnects from the Sub and both Rear speakers when it's turned off. Power cycling the Sub and the Rears will reconnect them but this is unacceptable in a product costing £1500.

Samsung, please respond and let us know that you're aware of this (unbelievable if you're not) and what action is necessary to make this product function correctly. Either a firmware update or an acknowledgement that we might have a faulty batch and require replacements. 

See this link for how widespread this has already become: 

https://www.avforums.com/threads/samsung-hw-q90r-soundbar-review-comments.2231672/

Please  respond. 

0 Likes
432 REPLIES 432
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Same problem here! 

Dutch customer. Samsung please fix ASAP!

0 Likes
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

Have the HW-Q90R for more than a week now, though I have now connection problems with rears as well. But actually they just stay silent when connected to Xbox One X with Atmos output selected in options. When you change to Dolby Digital they work perfectly. I think they only work with real Atmos content then, but not with other 5.1 signals. Is this something Samsung or Microsoft has to fix? Or any possible solutions? Do you experience the same?

Zazadj81
Journeyman
Options

good morning I was ready to buy, but at this point I will wait for the problem to be solved. I hope it's a software problem and not a hardware one.

0 Likes
miguel_cabeca
First Poster
Options

It keeps happening to me also. I just bought this unit and I was super excited to try it out with some movies, but every time I turn it on, it’s a lottery if the sub and rear speakers connect at all. My workaround is to remove the power from the left rear speaker and connect it again. But this is unacceptable from a flagship product. It should just work. Always. 

Samsung, please fix this and handle it with grace. At least acknowledge the problem and tell us you’re working on a fix, so we don’t feel we have made the wrong choice in buying this sound bar.

PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

I just contacted Samsung Netherlands, they did not know about this issue. But they want to take a look at my setup. Made an appointment for remote managent tuesday. I will report back.

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

NO WAY they don't know about this. No way! 

0 Likes
PauluzNL
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Ed, I think it's still too wide spread. I've send them the url of dit conversation so you know. Atleast they know now aswell! To be continued.

0 Likes
ShiroEd
Apprentice
Options

Thanks mate. 

Also send them that link I posted in the first post of this thread. It's got a LOT more instances of it than here. 

0 Likes
Break
Student
Options

Hello,

Same issue here (France)

i will contact them and keep you in touch

0 Likes