Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 17-11-2019 11:01 AM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
Asquared
First Poster
Options

I had a simliar problem with my Q70R and MS-650 Sound Bar. I turned off the sound setting in the Intelligent Mode menu on the Q70R and it seems to have gone away

0 Likes
Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

Just to let people know that I returned both my soundbar and my Samsung Q85 tv and have got another manufacturer tv.

When I returned the soundbar, I setup my very old soundbar and it had the same sound issues with Dolby from my SkyQ box or PS4 so after talking to Samsung they agreed to a full refund on the tv as I believe the problem is when the tv has to pass Dolby through to the soundbar from an external source connected via HDMI.

Good luck in trying to get Samsung to fix the issue but as they kept saying there was no issue with either the tv's or soundbars that they were aware of, I don't think a fix will be soon if ever so that's why I went for another manufacturer. 

0 Likes
MJPROB
Journeyman
Options

I got the arc to work by unplugging the soundbar and tv for about 5 minutes.  Then powered the tv and soundbar, plugged the soundbar through the arc on tv and noticed the tv arc on soundbar. Tested on Netflix and everything worked well. After that I plugged my digital box, PC, and blueray on the sdmi on the soundbar.

I hope it stays connected.

Excellent sound now. I also have rear speakers sw800s.

0 Likes
me83
Explorer
Options

@Billywizzo wrote:

Just to let people know that I returned both my soundbar and my Samsung Q85 tv and have got another manufacturer tv.

When I returned the soundbar, I setup my very old soundbar and it had the same sound issues with Dolby from my SkyQ box or PS4 so after talking to Samsung they agreed to a full refund on the tv as I believe the problem is when the tv has to pass Dolby through to the soundbar from an external source connected via HDMI.

Good luck in trying to get Samsung to fix the issue but as they kept saying there was no issue with either the tv's or soundbars that they were aware of, I don't think a fix will be soon if ever so that's why I went for another manufacturer. 

I purchased the Q90 TV and Q70 soundbar at the end of November and have had horrendous lip sync with Dolby content since day one. Having tried every possible fix, it's quite obvious that it's a major equipment defect. 

I've now had enough and have got a Samsung engineer coming out to see me this week so I can demonstrate it to them.

There's no chance I'm keeping the equipment though as I'm claiming it being unfit for purpose under the Consumer Rights Act. I'm certainly not paying in excess of £2,000 and having to be satisfied with sub-standard audio. I could quite easily have paid £500 for a TV and got better audio from day one. For anybody who has purchased a premium Q-range model, and hasn't returned it because of the lip sync, I'd ask why not. 

I'm now planning my next move. I want to ensure I'm futureproofed as much as possible so will ensure I purchase with HDMI 2.1 and eARC in mind. The clear option would be an LG OLED flagship... but I'm one of those people who is terrified about image retention! 

Garry06321
Journeyman
Options

Can you keep us updated to what the Samsung engineer says please 

MJPROB
Journeyman
Options
Lost the Arc TV the next day, going back to optical
0 Likes
Matt_Q90R
Journeyman
Options

+1 to this for sure, I'm about to make my first phone call to Samsung tomorrow about exactly the same issue on a Q90R TV with Q70R soundbar after trying all manner of potential fixes.

Both phenomenal bits of kit, but utterly incapable of working together correctly for an external source providing Dolby Digital audio. Very disappointing!

I'd also be very interested to know whether people are having the same issues with competitor product, I.e. an LG C9 or similar with a high end LG soundbar paired to it. If anyone has had this issue and resolved it with new equipment from another manufacturer I'd love to know what that looks like!

0 Likes
Garry06321
Journeyman
Options

Good luck with calling samsung they are a nightmare to deal with think it's over in India the call centre is , I've just put my sky hdmi in my soundbar from my tv it let's me set dolby digital in sky settings but on the tv I've got no lip synq now but not sure if I'm actually using dolby digital 

0 Likes
me83
Explorer
Options

Yes, I'll report back once the engineer has been next Saturday. I bought through John Lewis and they suggested a 'Samsung Field Engineer' would be most suited over one of their own staff. 

I'm going to bring up this thread, and a few of the many others that are online, to demonstrate that it's not an isolated issue. I'll be amazed if they're not already aware of it to be honest. 

Either a full refund or I might negotiate with them and try for a sizeable % of the price considering it's unfit for purpose.

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options

They're loads of threads about this issue and so far they have not been one resolution for this  issue. I bet when you phone up Samsung they say they never had any reported issue regarding this problem. 

I'm 100% Samsung is aware of this issue but maybe  can't  be bothered to do anything about  it. 

I wonder if the soundbar work ok with other TV, if it does then I will be rejecting the TV and get an LG.

0 Likes