Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 17-11-2019 11:01 AM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
Hem3001
Apprentice
Options

Sorry guys, don't know what to say except that it worked for me? Both my cables from the SkyQ to the samsung connect box and then to the arc input on soundbar are the new 2.1 cables.

I have the digital output delay on the TV settings to 0 and that seemed to sort out the sync issue? 

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options

Tell them to refund you and you keep the TV

0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

Once you have tried the optical can you please post your results?

Also once using optical can you control the volume ok using the Samsung remote? 

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options

I have a surround sound that I plug into the optical connect which have no delay and I only use the soundbar when not using any external equipments. Not ideal not it's ok.

Shame you have a premium TV that  you can't use in combination with a soundbar in conjunction with Sky etc.

0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

When using the optical lead can you adust the sound of the soundbar using the TV remote or must you use the Sound bar remote. 

I had an issue on an old tv soundbar setup and could only adjust the soundbar volume with it's own dedicated remote when using optical. I now use it as a PC speaker system

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options
If I use the surround sound it's plugged into the TV and not the soundbar and therefore I turn off the soundbar.
0 Likes
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just connected a 2.1 HDMI between my Virgin V6 box and the one box of my Samsung QE55Q90R and i still get lip sync from my HW-Q70R sound bar. Do you think i should buy another2.1 cable to fit between the TV one box and sound bar? to see if this is the last piece in the jigsaw?

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options

One person say it worked with 2.1 and one say it don't make any difference, personally I don't think  2.1 cable will fix the issue otherwise lots of people would confirmed that it worked. This is a processing issue between the TV and soundbar when using an external device and it seems like the manufacturers finding it hard to come up with a solution.

You can try the 2.1 cable and report back here.

0 Likes
me83
Explorer
Options

@davidinScotland - Don't waste your money on replacing HDMI cables as this is not the issue. 

The user who believes they resolve the issue may be happy with the delay in ms setting that they've used but I can categorically confirm that this has nothing to do with the HDMI cable. I use the latest 4K-ready cables already and still have horrendous sync issues.

This is not something that can be fixed without a firmware update but that will involve Samsung acknowledging the issue - which they currently do not/will not.

There are only two options to remove the problem - neither of which are ideal considering the prices paid for flagship equipment:

1 - Use PCM

2 - Route an optical cable from set-top box direct to soundbar

Elvb
Apprentice
Options

Do you lose sound quality using the optical cable? 

I currently have my surround sound using the optical cable and have no issue with lip sync.

I will try the sound bar with the optical cable and see the result. 

Maybe I need to get an optical cable splitter (if there is such a thing)

0 Likes