Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q70R + HW-Q70R sync issue

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 11:33 PM)
DavidinScotland
Explorer
Options

I've just bought the SAMSUNG QE55Q90R television + HW-Q70R sound bar and getting terrible lip sync delay on some tv channels. If i listen to the tv through its own speakers there is no problem, but once I switch on the soundbar there is a terrible lip sync issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this please?

0 Likes
96 REPLIES 96
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Wow. They are sending me a third TV because with me they insist it is the TV. They also wouldn't acknowledge to me that there is an issue with this model of tv and have no reports of this happening to anyone else but still want to send me a third TV of the same Q80 model. 

dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

I'm curious has anyone had this problem with the Q80 soundbar?

0 Likes
Billywizzo
Explorer
Options

I did say that I had read forum posts about this problem with other model QLED tv's not just my model the Q85R but they did denied any known problems.

0 Likes
Elvb
Apprentice
Options
Anybody have the CEO email address so we can bombard he/she with this issue.
Pay far too much money for the TV/Soundbar for it to not be able to work with external devices.
Also the popping sound that frustrates everyone.
0 Likes
dldj1985
First Poster
Options

Connect cable box HDMI to sound bar HDMI input then sound bar HDMI ARC output to TV HDMI ARC input. Corrected sync problem for me. Good luck. Note use 4k HDMI cables.

0 Likes
anotherbrent
Student
Options
Having the same issue & PCM also fixes but this is a bit disappointing @samsung.
0 Likes
MJPROB
Journeyman
Options

I had to revert to using the optical cable from tv to sounbar also. There is no sync issue here but I will not get the Atmos which is why I bought this soundbar.

I have the rear speakers with the sound bar so I do get 5.1 DD going at least.

0 Likes
dtefft620
Pioneer
Options

Samsung is picking up my Q80 TV and is issuing me a refund. I have already ordered the Q90 TV and it will be here in the next few days. I'm sure I will have the same issue so I might try the optical. I'm curious though using it with optical does your TV remote still control it and settings for the soundbar show up on the TV?

0 Likes
MJPROB
Journeyman
Options

When you use Optical cable you need to use the remote for the soundbar only. 😞

0 Likes
Garry06321
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same issue with my Q60R soundbar and all samsung want to do is replace it , the lip synq issue is only with SKY Q when using dolbly digital .Has anyone on this page really solved the problem would be grateful if they have and could explain how they done it I've had enough of contacting samsung now .

0 Likes